Author Topic: Handloaders  (Read 556 times)

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Handloaders
« on: July 08, 2010, 03:46:23 AM »
I posted this on another form but thought I would put it on here as well.

There is a very good article in this months Handloader, about the Glock RX –Die. As some on here know, last year I bought a Glock 22, well it drove me craze trying to reload for it, until I found the  Redding G-RX die, now I am not new to reloading, coming up on 40 years of reloading, but new to the 40S&W.
I spent many hours on-line reading everything I could find on the Glock 22, the 40S&W, Glock unsupported Barrels, and the famous Glock ka-boom.
Well everything it took me hours of researching and verifying is know in this article.
This is a very good article, if you reload for the 40S&W, even in other guns than Glock, its well worth your time reading it.
 It’s the Aug 2010 No. 267 issue. 

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: Handloaders
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »
Hope my issue arrives soon.  I'll look forward to it. Thanks
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline shot1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 03:20:18 AM »
I will have to go to the Wal-mart to the magazine rack and read that article. It is much cheaper that way.  ;D

Offline BCB

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
shot1,

I figured they would have the magazine sealed in a plastic wrapper to avoid such things...

I know mine arrive via mail that way...

BCB

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »
Save some money, I subscribe to all three magazines and download them in PDF format.  One year - 18 Issues: $19.95.

I can take them anywhere I have access to a computer.  I just print out articles I want to save for reference.

yooper77

Offline PawPaw

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 02:16:17 PM »
Lee makes one too.  They call it the Bulge Buster.  The problem with the Lee Die is that you need a caliber specific Factory Crimp Die to make it work.

Lots of us already have FCD dies, so the Bulge Buster is just an additional $16.00

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 03:40:33 AM »
Not that they are any better or worse, But I use mainly Lyman Dies. And the Dies were pealing the Glock brass, so I needed the G- RX , I did read about the Lee Bulge buster, and everyone that used it said it worked great, the G- RX die comes in Steel or Carbide, last I checked neither is cheap but the carbide was almost double what the steel was, At the time I bought it I could only find the steel, just what I needed more cases to lube. But I believe with the Lee it is carbide and at a lot less money..