Author Topic: Serious Hunting Partner(s) Wanted...  (Read 707 times)

Offline TX Devil Doc

• Trade Count: (0)
Serious Hunting Partner(s) Wanted...
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:44:35 AM »
I live in Fort Worth, TX and would like to find a responsible hunting partner for elk, moose and/or caribou hunts. For these hunts, its not necessary to live in the same city. I would also be open to discussing joining a west TX deer lease. I am not interested in joining one that is more of a "get away from the family" party camp. I left my last deer lease due to the childish BS and have looked to other opportunities to hunt deer. I would not be interested in getting involved in another situation like the one I left. I don't mind drinking, but won't tolerate drunks, especially ones that insist on drinking in their deer stands. I'm not a bank. Loaning people money gives them amnesia. I can pull my own load and am not looking for someone to babysit me. Don't expect me to babysit anyone else (except junior hunters).

That out of the way... I am 52 and an experienced hunter, in good shape with my own well maintained gear. I realize everyone has different skill sets, so finding hunting partners that bring more diverse and positive attributes to the mix makes for a better, safer and more productive experience. Especially when hunting in unfamiliar places.

Other than deer and elk, I like to hunt hogs, pheasant, quail and duck. I went on a couple of guided duck hunts as an alternate to the deer lease experience and had a blast! I am going on a pheasant hunt in SD this October. Hooking up with someone who knows the ropes in duck/pheasant/quail hunting would be great. As I stated earlier, I am interested in planning a caribou and a moose hunt, but one hunt of each will probably do it for me. As for other large game; deer and elk. Well, that's another story...

I shouldn't leave out fishing either as I enjoy both fresh and saltwater trips and have not stuck with any one guide. I don't own a boat as I have found its much cheaper to get a guide. If you have a boat, I'll split the cost of a fishing trip understanding you have made the investment... not a problem.

If anyone in the area is interested, please let me know. I apologize if I come across as being rigid, but I don't want to waste anyone's time or mine.
The secrets to life? It’s faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money!