Author Topic: Price of Primers comming down  (Read 561 times)

Offline Carl l.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Hunting,Fishing,Camping and Woodworking
Price of Primers comming down
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:16:34 AM »
Cabela's has large rifle cci primers for 29.99 per 1000  at their Wheeling, WV. store. They were marked down from 32.99. Carl L.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Price of Primers comming down
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:46:49 AM »
I have not bought much in the way of loading stuff lately. In order to make an online buy worth while I try to order both powder, primers and other gear in one order. that way the hasmat fee and shipping cost are spread out and affordable.
   How ever of late I can't find what I want at one supplier. One place will have the primers I want and not the powder or something  else.
   So I have been buying only what I have to have and then in small quantities locally. They are high priced but it beats paying three or four shipping and hasmat charges. I hope it will get back to normal soon, but it don't look like it.
                                Beerbelly

Offline james25889

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 04:45:16 PM »
I placed an order for 20k cci small pistol primers and they were 23.49 a thousand shipped now they wernt in stock but they said i would get them this year. I thought that was such a good price i ordered 20k 

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:56:27 AM »
One local store was selling them (broken box) for $49.00/1000 and I remarked they were going to own them for a LONG time at that price.  She replied they were trying to get their HAZMAT handling fee in return.  Sheesh!

I don't blame anyone for hording or buying all they can in times of scarcity.  I hope that time is coming to an end and the "normal" supply returns to the shelves.

I am currently WOW'ed by copper gas checks being as EXPENSIVE as are current primer prices.  But that is another thread on the Cast Boolet Forum...

Offline hoghunting

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:07 PM »
 In the N Texas area standard and magnum primers are $36 - $43 per thousand. Now match primers are a completely different story.