Author Topic: Alpen Optics  (Read 530 times)

Offline Jay HHI6818

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Alpen Optics
« on: July 25, 2010, 05:56:55 PM »
Does anyone have a Alpen spotting scope. If so what model and how do you like it?

Offline pennsyltuckymoose

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Alpen Optics
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:52:52 AM »
I have a 20X60, can't find the model number... it has the angled eyepiece, you can rotate the scope via a locking ring so you can change the angle for use on bench... it came with extension sun shade... seems fine for all my needs... the scope I replaced it with was a Bushnell Trophy and the Alpen is definitely more clear and sharper... perhaps a little touchier on focus... the only thing I don't care for is the eye relief when using the higher magnification...  I thought enough of the spotting scope that I also bought one of their nicer pair of binoculars...

Hope this helps...

TheMoose

Offline brcold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »
I have the 788, 20-60x80 angled. It was around 380-390 delivered to my door. It is not bad for a non-HD scope; I can see .223 holes at 200 yards, which is what I bought it for.

I heartily recommend as sturdy a tripod for it as you can afford and can lug around. It's a big heavy scope but worth the $ in my opinion.

Now having said all that, my next spotting scope will be something in the Brunton Eterna quality range.

Offline HogFan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
I have a 15x45 I picked up at K-Mart last year for $25, I figured what the heck. I haven't used it yet, but it will be going to the range with me when I get home.