Author Topic: Foreground pop-up ad  (Read 1700 times)

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Foreground pop-up ad
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 07:20:38 AM »
     I am in the market for a new MOTORHOME, is their any chanch of getting some adds for the different models available?   Jim

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 09:20:35 AM »
Great gawds and little politicians!  This is a FREE forum. Well, free to most of us, the owner must put out a pretty penny or two to keep it up and running.  I suppose it could run with no ads and just fold up.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »
I understand that the bills have to be paid.  I understand that some company pays you for every click on their ads.  What I don't understand is how they actually generate money by the clicks.  I don't and won't click on any of those ads.  I never have and never will.  I ignore them and click "close".  They are a PITA for me... I wish they would all go away but I understand that you can't operate without that income.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
I understand that the bills have to be paid.  I understand that some company pays you for every click on their ads.  What I don't understand is how they actually generate money by the clicks.  I don't and won't click on any of those ads.  I never have and never will.  I ignore them and click "close".  They are a PITA for me... I wish they would all go away but I understand that you can't operate without that income.

NGH

The ads are pretty cheap to run.  Say 100,000 people a day see them.
Then 1% click on them...that is 1000 hits, for which they pay, what, a nickel each?  Say 1% of those buy something...10 sales.  Darned cheap advertising.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 07:59:19 AM »
Yeah... it will pay GB's bills.  Maybe I should click on some of them.  The thing is I don't typically buy according to advertisements.  I buy because of long association with a brand or research on an item.  Do pop up ads REALLY get folks to buy TIDE?  Does sponsoring a NASCAR ride get people to buy TIDE?  I buy TIDE because it works and because I've always bought it.  Probably because my mom used it 35 years ago.  I'm not going to buy something different because of a pop up or because I saw it on a racecar...  I'm not going to buy new camo because of a pop-up or a commercial.  I buy because I need it and then I find what I want or like at a store.  I guess it works on some folks but I try to ignore them.

Tell you what I'll do...  To help pay GB's bills, I'll start clickity-click-clickin' on these pop-ups here.  Ain't gonna go buy anything but I'll help GB out a bit.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »
ASK not how your Forum can help you? But How you can help your Forum!

This page is so Clean Neat and Run so tight I think the complaints are not needed GB,Matt are spoiling us, so I say lets just ask, how too turn it off

If it's in your way ,Then move on to the next post,I only came here today as I read it a while ago but am using a new PC 10inch monitor and
couldn't get it off my screen, I recalled this post and was looking for a clue
 to close it,  I couldn't find the "X" but it some how went away ,

all in all this Place is a wealth of Knowledge and we should do more for it, than against.

I applaud the Team and will click at the adds from time to time as always,
every little but helps

(In a Paul Harvey Voice )

GOOD DAY....................

Tommyt