Author Topic: Tasco Bucksight  (Read 2761 times)

Offline NYRebel13

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
Tasco Bucksight
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:10:56 AM »
I just picked up a Tasco Bucksight 3-9x40 from Walmart for my little 17 mach2.  Is this the same as a Pronghorn?  I looked on Tasco's website and didn't find it anywhere on it.  I have one on my 10/22 with no problems so I figured it would be ok on the .17hm2.  I was wondering if it is the same as a pronghorn, just packaged for walmart.  Seems to be an ok scope for what I do with the guns that it is on....mostly just shooting paper at the range.
My biggest fear in life is dying and my wife selling my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Re: Tasco Bucksight
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:40:55 AM »
Sorry, I cannot answer your question of whether the Bucksight is that same as the Pronghorn.

I purchased a couple Bucksight's about 7-8 years ago.  They were first mounted on sporterized British Enfields and worked very well for a couple years.  Each has experianced about 50-100 rounds of .303 ammo.  I figured I was on borrowed time for a $29 scope, so I re-mounted each on .22 rimfires.  Both are still functioning just fine.  They do have clear lens' for such inexpensive scopes.

:)

Offline 351 power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:19:28 AM »
i had a couple that got traded away with rifles they were on. worked well for me. but heavy
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »
I hate to rain on anybody's parade, but do you expect to get quality optics at WalMart.  Dream on.

Offline 351 power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:14:03 PM »
may not be what is considered "quality" but i found them adequate 30$ tools while i had them. probably not what i would choose to go to africa with but i'll never get hunting there anyway. it's fun within my budget that counts
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 02:23:40 AM »
I hate to rain on anybody's parade, but do you expect to get quality optics at WalMart.  Dream on.

No one made a comment about purchasing a "quality" scope from Wal mart.  The comments merely stated that the Bucksight has provided adequate performance for that persons indiviual's needs.

;)