Author Topic: Optima Elite accuracy problems  (Read 805 times)

Offline zeke08

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Optima Elite accuracy problems
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »
Dont know if anyone has experienced this so I thought I would post it! I have a Optima Elite 50 cal. and when I got it last year never could get it to pattern always having flyers best group was bout 3.5-4" unaceptable in my book. I tried everything and was about to buy a 32acp conversion when I read a post on GBO about precission bullets and Black horn 209. Well I called and ordered some bullets and bought the black horn all I can say is...................AWESOME! Since changing to the 265gr bullet and black horn I have had 1/2 - 3/4"  3 shot groups @ 100 yards and its is LETHAL on deer out to 200yards I would not hesitate to make a 225-250 yard shot with this set up! Hope this helps! cant wait for ML season to open!
There are very few problems that can't be solved with the proper application of High Explosives!

If there is trouble let it be in my day, but let my kids have peace. Thomas Pane

NRA Life Member since 09

Offline BCall

• Trade Count: (45)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Optima Elite accuracy problems
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:22:03 AM »
Both of mine really like Blackhorn 209. Best accuracy has come with the 300 gr T/C shockwaves in both of them and 95 gr. of 209. I am now using the Hornady FBP 350 gr in my .50 and the 200 Shockwaves in the 45. Accuracy has been under 1" at 100 boringly consistently if I do my part. I am wanting to try the 300gr FBP's now though as I don't think I need the 350's here. But I probably won't change until next year as it is too close to deer season now.