Author Topic: Web site with seveal Gonne's  (Read 676 times)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Web site with seveal Gonne's
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:32 AM »
Here is a link that may prove interesting ..........

Here is an example of what they have...

http://raabs.homepage.t-online.de/Meine%20Webseite/Sammlung/Fotos/ohne%20Schloss/navigation.htm
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Web site with seveal Gonne's
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
Hey Herr KABAR, do you speak this lingo? Those are all photos of real historic pieces aren't they?
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:15:33 PM »
Pretty interesting site, some real old ones there! Thanks for posting this one! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Max Caliber

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 03:55:21 AM »
Great stuff but the gonne at top center looks to me like a badly done fake, too clean,crisp and crudely finished. The active rust is not convincing either.
Max

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:14:51 AM »
Great stuff but the gonne at top center looks to me like a badly done fake, too clean,crisp and crudely finished. The active rust is not convincing either.

You mean this one: Stangen- oder Pfeifenbüchsenrohr, Spanien?, um 1450

Looks to me to have been slathered in Renaissance Wax.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 04:52:28 AM »
Hey DD
Where did you get that Umlaut?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:50:00 AM »

Center gonne tanslates roughly as:

"Bar or pipe Bush tube, Spain?, also reinforced 1450 reinforced by 7 run rings round iron tube, mouth and gunpowder ignition hole up in hollow, joint seals to the Abklappen, is a locking bolts with double Volute as key."

With out handeling it I withold judgment, the amount of rounding and certian areas reduced by corrosion seem to say
that it is old..... possibly brought up and conserverd from a wreck? if so the active rust may be from poor conservation....
maybe all the salts were not pulled out before being put in the open air........

Allen <><
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »

Try this page for the basic process.  The ü combination is alt+129 with the 129 typed on the numeric pad.  Try this page for some additional German characters.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »
Hey DD

I clicked on 

http://raabs.homepage.t-online.de/Meine%20Webseite/Sammlung/Fotos/ohne%20Schloss/navigation.htm

Then I clicked on this picture.

http://raabs.homepage.t-online.de/Meine%20Webseite/Sammlung/Fotos/ohne%20Schloss/Stangenbuechse1.gif

Then I copy and pasted Stangen- oder Pfeifenbüchsenrohr, Spanien?, um 1450

George's way is easier.