Author Topic: Older Bausch & Lomb rifle scope  (Read 1783 times)

Offline 30HERRETT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Older Bausch & Lomb rifle scope
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:29:17 AM »
Does anybody know age and value of a older Bausch & Lomb rifle scope 2 x 8 x about 36 ? Scope is about 11" long .
I bought a Remington 660 and this was on it and I have no idea of value ,can't find any info on it .

Scope looks to be high quality and lenses are very clear .Not a mark on the scope ,looks very much like a Leupold 1.75 x 6 x 36 .

I can email pictures if that would help .

Thanks,

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Older Bausch & Lomb rifle scope
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 02:20:19 AM »
Dont know about that particular one but ive got a 3x9x40 b&l from right before then went to the bushnell name and its got real good glass. Id say right on par with a 3200 bushnell. I do also have an old bushell scopecheif 2.5x8 and actually at one time had 4 of them. Back in the day they were one of my favorite scopes. The old scope cheifs supposidly used the same lenses that they used in the b&l line.
blue lives matter

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:24:00 AM »
Just bought what appears to be a NIB B&L Balvar 8A, that matches that description somewhat. $75. About what used ones go for on Ebay. Back in the day, ie 51 years ago, it sold for $99.95. Was made in Rochester, NY, And a 1 hour drive from me is the store that bought the B&L closeout. They have pretty much everything for these scopes.

Offline sgtt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:37:44 AM »
They have pretty much everything for these scopes.

Would you provide the name of the store?
"Freedom, for some, is problematic.  It does not grant emancipation from responsibility."