Author Topic: Do H&R Tracker II slug guns have scope rails or just open sights?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline skinman

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Avid Poster
  • J.D. Gillis
Looking to buy a lighter 20ga. in slug only. Know something about the Ultra Slugster; used to have one when they first came out years ago. Have since sold it. Looking for either the lightweight ultra slugster with scope rail, or Tracker II which I would need to have a scope rail on it. Old eyes cannot use iron sights anymore.
"Hunting and Fishing"....a deadly disease that I thank God they will never find a cure for..

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Re: Do H&R Tracker II slug guns have scope rails or just open sights?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »
Looks like you need to check out the Ultra Light Slug Hunter.
http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/ultraSlug.asp

This slug gun comes with the scope rail. My 20 ga.Tracker II's needed to be drilled and tapped and then a rail purchased separately. The ULSH has the new Ultragon rifling as well and I'd imagine it comes with the hammer spur extension as well.

Offline skinman

• Avid Poster
  • J.D. Gillis
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
Thanks for the information. Most helpful in making my decision.
"Hunting and Fishing"....a deadly disease that I thank God they will never find a cure for..

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:52:40 PM »
Thanks for the information. Most helpful in making my decision.

Let us know what you do. All I can say is that we really like the lightweight Tracker II with a scope on them. We have 20 guages as I mentioned and they do real well on whitetails. We use the 3" 2000fps Winchester Partiton Gold sabots.

Offline skinman

• Avid Poster
  • J.D. Gillis
Decided to go with the heavier ultra-THANKS
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
Went back to the heavier ultra. I have regreted selling the one that I bought back in 1998, ever since I sold it a few years ago. Never once missed a deer with it, so I hope to keep it going.

Offline skinman

• Avid Poster
  • J.D. Gillis
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 03:02:08 PM »
Changed my mind on the heavier ultra...been around my wife so long that I change my mind as much as she does! Have went with the light ultra in 20 guage. Made a few changes to it.....I love it!

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
I think you made a good choice, as they are as accurate and a whole lot lighter.