Author Topic: D.P.M.S. rifles  (Read 877 times)

Offline Ace

• Trade Count: (0)
D.P.M.S. rifles
« on: September 16, 2003, 04:44:03 PM »
I have a friend that has one of the 16" classics it was really nice. I think i am going to go pick one up soon.

Offline Ace

D.P.M.S. rifles
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 03:59:45 PM »
I haven`t got mine yet. i`m still trying to work it into my budget. I have shot several and they all performed very well.

Offline Rogue Ram

• Contributor
D.P.M.S. rifles
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 02:03:45 PM »
Beware DPMS folks.  My story is long, but I'll shorten it up.  Bought a LE carbine with detachable carry handle. DPMS' handles for these guns were, at that time, the same handles for the fullsize rifles. Gun shot nearly 10" high at 50 yards with the front sight so high it wobbled and the rear sight bottomed out.  Added to that, nothing I shot through it would group.......2 other guys in my office shot it, including a designated sniper, with 5 brands of ammo.  Best group at 50 yards was like 2-3 inches, at 100 yards it was more like 4 inches.

Had the gun back to DPMS 4 separate times. The last time the owner himself and I got into it. He sent me the gun with test target that showed hole thru hole at 100 yards (with a scope and black hill ammo). We scoped it, used everything including the same ammo he did, several diff shooters from a sandbagged bench, and once again, crappy groups.  They did finally get the right carry handle on it.  We went around and around, until he started calling me a liar.  He refused to deal with the issue further, I sent the gun back, the jackass kept 15% of my money for a "restocking fee" and that was that.

Officer partner refused to listen to me, and bought one of their LE carbine uppers. GEE, what do you suppose happened to him?  Same thing--rotten groups, wrong handle. Since he bought it from a wholesaler he got all his money back.

That's the short version.  If he'll treat a cop this way who was nothing but polite to him, how will they treat you?

I realize everyone has diff experiences with diff manufacturers, but I will respond to any and every post about DPMS to warn you that they Don't Provide Much Service.

Happy Holidays

RR