Author Topic: Looking for New Ballistics Shooting software??  (Read 287 times)

Offline Lawful Larry

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Looking for New Ballistics Shooting software??
« on: August 29, 2010, 04:36:22 AM »
I need a new ballistic program to record all my reload and shooting data.  I have a program now, Point Blank, which is not  giving me what I need and is very limited.  It had many good options and I could only wish the creator would take the time to upgrade it.  I would pay for that for sure.  As of now, I just need more then it has at this point. 

So far I have found a program called "The Shooting Lab."  It is loaded with probably more options then I can use, but it appears very capable for the price. 

What is everyone using and what would you recomend?
Just another voice in the crowd!!!

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Re: Looking for New Ballistics Shooting software??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 05:44:00 AM »
Can't wait to see what the opinions are!   ;D  I haven't had a program since they stopped upgrading Lock, Stock and Barrel for the newer operating systems...  :(
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Looking for New Ballistics Shooting software??
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
Lock, Stock, and Barrel was excelllent. I have been using Load From A Disk for several years. you get the option of modifying to form wildcats; the cartridge selection is huge and includes most wildcats, bullet selection and info is fairly complete. Does not have the database ability of LSAB.
The sierra and RCBS models are supposedly very nice but very pricey.

And to pitch what is already here; going to the top of the menu and looking at the section for other links, will get you some more choices.

JD
USAF Ret E6  1977-97 Civil Engineering
Desert Storm @ Doha, Qatar