Author Topic: S&W M&P 40  (Read 525 times)

Offline hoggunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • 4A's Personal Protection Training
S&W M&P 40
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »
O.K. i just bought a M&P 40 tell me what you think of this gun for home protection and CC.   i am hopeful when we get a new governer we will get CC
thanks

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Re: S&W M&P 40
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »
The M&P's are a great line of pistols.  I know several LE officers that carry the M&P 40S&W full size everyday. I have a Full size 9mm and a 45acp fullsize.  I love them both. I've been shooting CDP class in IDPA with my 45acp this year and have had great luck.  Only problems I've had out of it is My reloads.    I have around 2500 Rnd.s through my 9mm  and Close to 6000 through the 45acp.
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Re: S&W M&P 40
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »
I bought my M&P 40 Compact two or three years ago and it was my first autoloading pistol.  I almost limited myself to a DA revolver because of simplicity, but when I found a striker fired pistol with no safety, decockers or other of the contrtols that intimidated me about simi-auto pistols I decided to go for it.  Slide release, mag release, trigger......... that's it.  It is all business and ready when I am.  I do not CC with it but it goes with me when I'm travelling and is within reach when I'm in bed whether at home or away.  Because I keep it in condition one, it is always in a holster that shields the trigger from getting snagged.

I can say that the first time at the range I was very impressed with its accuracy.  My previous pistol shooting experience was mainly with a scoped specialty pistol (Contender) but this M&P points very naturaly.  Here are the first five shots I ever took with it at 25 yards with factory Winchester jacketed hollow points:

I have also taken 50 yard shots on several occasions from a kneeling position and resting my wrists on my shooting box or whatever is at hand.  Once I hit a 3" target on the second shot and I can usually put them all on a small paper target at that distance.  The only malfunction I've had was within the first hundred rounds of ammo; twice the slide locked back on the second to last round.  I thumbed the slide release and it fed the last rounds normally both times.  I've shot several hundred rounds since then with no hiccups.

Curtis
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.