Author Topic: Need a bipod recommendation  (Read 490 times)

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Need a bipod recommendation
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »
I've got two harris bipods that I bought years ago.  One is way too long to use at the range and just gets in the way, but it's ok in the field.  The other is a smaller one better suited to shooting off a bench or prone.  The problem is that I'm always swapping the small one from rifle to rifle and setting it down somewhere between swaps and loosing track of it.  I'd like to buy another smaller one, but the harris bipods today are just shy of $70 on the low end of a good deal. 

Do any of you use an inexpensive bipod that's built well and you're happy with?  I need another one.

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
Re: Need a bipod recommendation
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:34:57 PM »
Don't remember the brand name but some years ago I bought a bipod from Walmart for around $40.00. Very solid and steady. I liked it so much I bought a second one. They're not a Harris but they're not bad at all. That's one of them on the Encore in my avatar.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Need a bipod recommendation
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:19:47 AM »
i have one made by i believe otters but it doesnt swivel like my harris bipods do.
blue lives matter