Author Topic: Carriage kit  (Read 767 times)

Offline jer2349

• Trade Count: (0)
Carriage kit
« on: September 05, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »
I have had intentions to build a cannon for years. Purchasing a feild carriage print & constructing it myself from red oak. The situation has changed a bit, having limited mobility due to a roof fall. I now am focusing on a naval carriage kit. This being less labor intense as opposed to my original plan. One of the following 3 tubes I would like to incorporate, prefrance in order.
   12# 1/2 scale Napoleon / length 37" / weight 150# / trunnions 2" / bore 2.25"
   full scale revolution howitzer / length 25" / weight 90# / trunnions 3.25" / bore 3"
   full scale English Swivel / length 30" / weight 104# / trunnions 1.5 / bore 1  5/8"
I have found but 1 company in Canada that manufactures the type of kit I think would work well for me. Problem being their specs call a maximum length of 30" for the tube. The cost is more than fair, I just like the longer 37" tube. Does anyone know of a naval kit manufactureing company that is a quality product and still under or around $1,500? I appreciate your time, Respectfully  Jerry

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
Re: Carriage kit
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »
Welcome to the board, Jerry. I couldn't tell you if they're in the area of your proposed price range, but you should check with Lendi at "Duck Island Cannon Works"; they are one of our forum's sponsors.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »
I don't believe Duck Island is still with us.

With your reference to Canada, I take it that is where you are.  Have you been in contact with  http://brasswithclass.com/contact.php

You might take a look at their 1/4 scale 24 PDR Garrison gun. Get the garrison carriage.  Later if you want you can get Field carrige and that tube will look right on it.

Offline lendi

• GBO Sponsor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »
duck  island cw is still around. 

lendi

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:41:42 AM »
duck  island cw is still around. 

lendi

Lendi,

Glad you are still with us....the contact info in your sponsor link doesn't work.  Check you PM.