Author Topic: Got a new Pardner!  (Read 661 times)

Offline grumpyErik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Got a new Pardner!
« on: September 24, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »
The question is can I shoot steel and other non-toxic shot out of it? It is a 12 gauge with a fixed modified choke. I have a dedicated waterfowl gun. However, if this gun can shoot steel I will put a few rounds of steel loads in my pocket so I have the option if the opportunity presents itself to shoot a duck or goose.
Click once, cuss repeatedly.

Offline JRW209

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Got a new Pardner!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »
Yes you can shoot steel out of it. no problem. but i would be careful if i were you. where im from, CA, if you are shooting ducks or geese and you have any lead in your pockets your lookin to get your gun and your licence taken away. maybe where your from its different but i would check if i were you. good luck

JW

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:16:40 PM »
Kalifornia sucks. >:(

Spanky

Offline grumpyErik

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:07:27 PM »
That is good advice, I will have to look at the regulations. That said I don't remember anything like this but, I will look before I go out. FWIW I am in Kansas, so if any Kansans know, please chime in.

Offline grumpyErik

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:19:15 PM »
Oh crap! Thank You JRW209! I just looked into it and it is federal law not state law that I cannot have lead with me if I shoot a duck or goose. You probably just saved me from a hefty fine and or loss of my gun and everything else I use to hunt! Geeze, these laws are insane. I mean, any game warden could simply pull a bb out of my duck and see it is not lead. I have been hunting waterfowl for 18 years and was not aware of this regulation.

At any rate a thousand and one thanks, may God bless you and your family.

Offline JRW209

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
Happy to help a fellow hunter, especially one from this fine forum. Thanks for your blessing, and know they are reciprocated. :)

JW