Author Topic: Berger Bullets  (Read 437 times)

Offline Ronno

• Just a man
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Yes I reload...
Berger Bullets
« on: September 09, 2010, 07:06:22 PM »
Hello everyone

New to the board, not new to the world! I wondered if anyone here tried Berger Bullets and what they thought of them?
I pledge to defend the Constitution of The United States of America

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
Re: Berger Bullets
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:17:35 AM »
I've tried them on pronghorn and deer and like them.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:48:09 AM »
I like them, esp. for targets & medium game.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline shot1

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:35:31 AM »
Once you learn how to make them shoot they are very accurate. They shoot either into the lands or way off the lands. Try 20 to 40 thousands off the lands in 5 thousands shorter over all length to find the sweet spot for them. The "hunting" VLD usually goes into an animal about 2 to 3" and then explodes shedding around 80% of it's weight is what the claim and is what most people experience. I have only shot one deer with a .308 155 gr VLD  at 2650 fps muzzle velocity from my 30X47 HBR caliber rifle. The doe deer was at 111 yards broad side. The bullet struck center of the front shoulder. The deer just took off like it was stuck with a cattle prod into a very thick cut over. When I went to were the deer was standing I found blood and lung tissue sprayed in line a good five yards in the leaves and bushes on the off side of where the deer was standing when shot. I am very experienced in tracking deer that have been shot. I had to get down on my knees and crawl down this path into the cut over for right at 50 yards before I found the deer dead as a hammer. There was NO BLOOD trail at all. The reason there was no blood trail was because there was nothing left to pump blood out of the deer. There was an exit hole the size of a baseball in the off side shoulder and it's vitals were mush. I can't understand how an animal can take that kind of punishment and still run 50 yards.
Here is the picture of the exit hole.

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »
I have been using them for two years now.  I have killed a few deer with the 30cal 168 VLD out of a 308.  I can testify with shot1 that the Bergers kill with authority!  The main reason I sharted to use the VLDs were the tiny little groups I was getting.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline Catfish

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:25:28 PM »
They are excellant bullets. As shot1 said, play with the seating depth. Their MEF bullets in 17 cal. explode on impact, to much for my tast, in that cal I would recomand their match bullets, they go in befor they explode.

Offline Ronno

• Just a man
  • Yes I reload...
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:34 AM »
I hope so I got a BUNCH coming...
Thanks everyone
I pledge to defend the Constitution of The United States of America