Author Topic: What ring height using Millet wind adj/Burris FF2 on Handi and clear the hammer?  (Read 800 times)

Offline onthefarm

• Trade Count: (0)
Has anyone used Millet windage adj. with Burris Fullfield 2, 3x9 40mm? If so, what ring height cleared the hammer?

Are there any other good recommendations for windage adjustable rings? Or are there any other recommendations and why?

I have SB2-256, ie standard Handi 25-06 I'm setting up to play with.
Handi 25-06, 45-70, 22 Hornet, Ultra slug 12g, H&R20ga, Lyman GPR .50, Trad Tracker 209 .50, Marlin XLR 30-30, 10/22's, MK III.....

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
I have a Burris FFII 3-9x40 in medium Burris Signature Zee rings on my 25-06 Ultra, they're .270" tall measured from the top of the rail to the bottom of the scope tube for comparison, this can only work if the scope is mounted so the power ring is just behind the hammer unless you trim the hammer spur.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline onthefarm

That looks close!

The mediums are supposed to be .230, the highs are .420(according to Midway).

Do you think the .19" makes much of a difference?

I am going to have to mail order these, and don't want to be be back and forth returning them if they don't fit. 
Handi 25-06, 45-70, 22 Hornet, Ultra slug 12g, H&R20ga, Lyman GPR .50, Trad Tracker 209 .50, Marlin XLR 30-30, 10/22's, MK III.....

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Midway's all wet on the medium Signature Zee height, they're .270", always have been, I've got about 30 sets of em. Like I said, it depends on how far back you mount the scope, if you mount it forward any, you'll need high or extra high rings depending on how much you want to bob the hammer.  ;)

It also depends on what scope base you use, if you use a Weaver #82, you probably won't be able to mount it back far enough.

Tim

http://www.burrisoptics.com/rings1.html#2

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
I took a close up pic just for you!! Actually there's lots more room than it looks, but due to the hammer swing, you need a bit more clearance for the power ring, and if you remove the tip of the hammer spur above the extension, you gain a good deal of room.

Tim

Offline moorepower

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
You also have alot of windage and elevation adjustment with the different offset inserts. Added bonus, they don't mar the scope, and you never have to lap for alignment.

Offline onthefarm

Thanks Tim.  I appreciate the picture! :)  It does look like there's plenty room :D

I'll get some of medium Zee's.  From all I've seen, they are great rings and if I somehow don't use them on this project, I will be able to the next.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Regular Zees without the Signature inserts are a bit lower if you go with them.

Tim

Offline onthefarm

Thanks Tim.

I have Burris med. signature Zee's on my wish list. Now I have to be disciplined and not get everything on that list, just what I need.

Gary