Author Topic: AK What to do?  (Read 514 times)

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
AK What to do?
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »
To sell or not to sell.
I have an NHM-91
Chineese AK with the long barrel and the bi pod (removed right now)
I live in California (DPRC) and own it legally.  I have the registration letter for any CA police types reading this.
I bought it for a Hi power military qualification type shoot the club I belonged to in Southern CA had and when it was not accurate enough ended up using it for other shoots.  And finally went to the AR I should have purchased in the first place.
I have other rifles that are more accurate and more fun to shoot.
Seeing how fast you can empty a 100 round drum was fun.  Long string of brass, ok steel, from the gun to the ground.  But all it really does is chew up ammo. I really do not shoot it that much any more.
I have 6- 30rd, 1- 40rd stick mags, 2-75rd and 2- 100rd round drums.
I am headed to Nevada later in the month, where it is legal to sell and I am wondering if I should sell it and use that $ for hunting or other stuff I want, like another upper for My AR.
Or should I wait and see what the ellections bring in a few weeks?
Or should I keep it and just be quiet?

Offline bremraf

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Avid Poster
Re: AK What to do?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »
If you like ARs better and can selling it will get you another one go for it.  I too have an AK, but only because i couldn't afford a AR, and I believe every household should have a lead slinger.  The day i can afford to get an AR the AK will most likely get handed down or sold.  The AK is an good firearm, has some good attributes but nothing beats the black rifle.

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:03 AM »
Normally I would say hold on to it, but the Democrats are expected to get slaughtered in the upcoming election, and Obama will be a one term president.  Still, if money is not tight and you have the room to store it, the Chinese guns are only going to get rarer and rarer as time goes by, it should go up in value.

I recently traded off my Yugo SKS and the owner of the gunshop said I had mistimed the sale as they are not as valuable now compared to last year due to the panic buying and hoarding from the liberal takeover fear.

When I have mixed emotions on a sale, I ask a higher price to see what will happen, if it does not sell, no loss or gain.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »
i have enough ammo to load all the mags twice so I guess I will hag onto it for a while and see what happens.
It's clean so no harm in keeping it.