Author Topic: New tax cuts my eye!!  (Read 596 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
New tax cuts my eye!!
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:55:13 AM »
Do these monkey brained idiots like Peloisi think that some of us are going to fall for that line. Their calling them obama tax cuts, when all they are is an extension of the Bush tax cuts from 8-9 years ago. They want credit for something they were against when it was first implemented. The economy is teetering on the brink of diasaster, tax increases right now would send it over the edge, and they want to get the credit,IF, even no new tax's, can save it. Which I highly doubt. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Range Rider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Have a nice day cowboy
Re: New tax cuts my eye!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:01:02 AM »
Yes for instance.  A family of 4 making $50,000 will see an increase of $2,900 in taxes. It goes on, check the scale and see where you fall its scary.  The Dems have used this class warfare thing so long the idiots who vote for it never check it out.  Yes only the rich.  Punish success thats the new American way.  Reward failure.  And ask why is everything made in China?  Where are our jobs?
Range Rider

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:21:17 AM »
It's like our new heavenly health care.  Because of it my next child will cost twice as much as our first one did.  My generation is going to be paying the price for the mistakes made at the voting booth.  FYI,we fall into the under 250k crowd that wasn't going to see any tax increases.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »
Do these monkey brained idiots like Peloisi think that some of us are going to fall for that line.

Yes, for sure, some will fall for that line. Some are so deceived that they believe Pelosi, and the rest of the rotten bunch.
The more people they can deceive with lies, the more votes they get in November. If they do extend the tax cuts, it will be out of fear, of losing their power. Not because they want to help you, me, and every other person that pays taxes in this country.

They know they can't fool all the people, but they know for sure they can fool some of the people all the time.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »
Their calling them obama tax cuts, when all they are is an extension of the Bush tax cuts from 8-9 years ago. They want credit for something they were against when it was first implemented.

Tell the truth, gypsyman: if the those tax cuts are allowed to expire - as they were purportedly designed to do, when orig passed? - will you then refer to Obama Tax Hikes?

just curious...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline jimster

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 03:51:02 PM »
Do these monkey brained idiots like Peloisi think that some of us are going to fall for that line.

Yes. And a lot of ignorant people who live in the U.S WILL fall for that line.

Well, the Bush tax cuts were not much compared to what I pay out, but it was better than nothing.  I have paid many thousands out this year already in taxes, they need to cut them a whole lot more to make it so I can spend my money to help the economy out. Guess they ain't figured out I'm the only one that can generate and move money around, maybe someday soon they will pull their heads out and realize that.

If they have their way they will pick some number out their hats on who is wealthy...say 250K up...or some stupid thing like that, and tax hell out of them, which in turn will be passed on to everyone else through price increases.  They should cut taxes at all levels and wait for a bit, the money that would roll into government would double if they would just cut taxes and wait it out.  I swear they don't have the brains God gave a goose, if they would just check with the IRS to find out when the government received the most amount of money...it was when taxes were cut back a huge amount all over, and people were spending their own money and investing.  They not only need to keep the tax cuts in place, they need to do more tax cuts.

If they let the tax cuts expire, I will pay thousands more per year....if they sock it to the "wealthy", I will pay thousands more per year, this is a no win situation for all the people if they tax anyone at all more than they already are.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 05:00:21 PM »
BOHICA

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
YT3, as a matter of fact I would. If they,Pelosi and the like, would just come out and say, we're going to extend the Bush tax cuts, fine. But, to call them something they are not, just makes them out to be liars. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 05:01:14 AM »
Their calling them obama tax cuts, when all they are is an extension of the Bush tax cuts from 8-9 years ago. They want credit for something they were against when it was first implemented.

Tell the truth, gypsyman: if the those tax cuts are allowed to expire - as they were purportedly designed to do, when orig passed? - will you then refer to Obama Tax Hikes?

just curious...

The Bush tax cuts weren't so much designed to expire as they were given a sunset date in order to get them passed in a Congress that still had some skeptics that would not go along with a permanent cut.  Some thought that they would need to be revisited and adjusted and that a sunset provision would force those adjustments. 

Are the rich not paying their fair share?  Of course they are and then some.  However, I would like to see one change made and that would be that Dumocrats would have to pay taxes as they were under Clinton; Republicans could continue to pay according to Bush taxes.  Independants could pick. 
Swingem

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 05:14:48 AM »
I like what you're saying magooch. 

Personally, I'd like to see a "No BS" flat tax for both business & individuals.  Right now people aren't even aware of how much they are paying in taxes because they hit everywhere they spend a dime and even when we die.  Eliminate all taxes other than income for individuals and tax by total sales for businesses.  There are volumes of tax laws that are filled with loopholes that normal folks and business won't know about because we don't have the time or resources to find them.  Here's an example http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/01/ge-exxon-walmart-business-washington-corporate-taxes.html.  It's a bunch of corupt BS and it's never going to end unless we get a tax law that applies to all americans and businesses equally in a flat tax.  Once the taxes would be forced into one lump sum as a percentage of income or sales, people will wake up and demand lower taxes.... I would hope.

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 07:12:27 AM »
The problem with taxes is that government gets to assess them and there is no ultimate limit.  Newt Gingrich proposed an absolute limit on all forms of taxation to not exceed 25% of ones income.  That might be great, but not doable.  The only practical and workable limit on taxes depends entirely on who we the voters send to Congress and our state and local legislative bodies.

The state I live in passed initiative limits on certain taxes, only to have the state legislature overide them, or simply ignore them.  I'll give you one guess which party has been in power when this occurs.
Swingem

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
Doesn't really matter which party was in charge when all that happened.  They are both pretty screwed up.  I like Newts limit of 25%, but as long as there are multiple taxes and credits there will be no end to how there will always be more cheating.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 08:09:51 AM »
Even in my balmy North ::) the recently elected far left Party, the one that is for the working stiff and the downtrodden
( HAR !!) raised the Sales Tax a full two percent !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.