Author Topic: Gun rest  (Read 1836 times)

Offline bambi shooter

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Avid Poster
Gun rest
« on: October 13, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »
I have a couple of pistol rests, but neither of them are really good for the long barrelled encore and contender. Can someone suggest one that works good, but does not break the bank?

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Gun rest
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »
I have one from Cabellos and like it.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Tom W.

• Moderators
  • Warning... Does not play well with others!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 02:50:37 PM »
I bought a Rock, Jr. from Midway and like it just fine. It seems happy with my Encore pistol.
Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns!

Offline Pop Green

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:22:31 AM »
Bambi:
I bought a "Predator" convertable gun rest a few years ago from Midway USA. It is made by MTM and is plastic. As a rifle rest it is not so great but when you set it up for hand gun shooting it works fine for me. If I remember it was on sale for under $30 when I bought it. If I were going to buy a replacement just for hand guns I would look at the Caldwell Pistilero. It's around $32 now.
Cheers,
Pop

Offline buck460XVR

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:12 PM »
I have this one....I think they are on sale at Nachez right now for about $50. I believe that is about what I paid for mine a coupla years ago. It works very well for my long pipe .460, my other revolvers and also the 1911....... and also doubles as a rifle rest.

http://www.shootersridge.com/products/shootingrests/tabletoprests/tri-stancerest.aspx

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=SE40874

"where'd you get the gun....son?"

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
Well, I love to improvise when I get the chance.  I picked up this car jack in a garage sale for next to nothing (couple of bucks if I remember) and it was just screaming "pistol rest".

I flattened out the cradle on top with a hammer and strapped on a leather bag.  It is a little heavy when carrying to the range, but the weight is an asset once it is on the bench.  It is easily adjustable and very steady.

Curtis
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
If you have ever done any research on bench rest shooting it is interesting.
There is a lot more to the choices of "Rests" than meets the eye---well at least to these boys that play those games seriously.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD