Author Topic: Century's copy of the FN FAL rifle?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
Century's copy of the FN FAL rifle?
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »
I used to admire the old FN FAL rifle back in the 1970-80's, have picked up a few and found them to be front end heavy and with really wide rear sights.  The limited reading I have done on their performance indicates a good battle rifle, but not all that accurate.  I like the looks of them though ;D  As these saw extensive use they have different titles, depending on the country of origin, like the S1A1 for Britain, etc.

One of my local gun shops has one for sale, I suspect that it is one of the versions that came into the country like alot of other modern surplus military rifles with the receiver destroyed and a new one made, to complete a full rifle with the left overs.  About 10 years ago I saw bunch of the CETME versions being shot at the gun range and there were jamming issues with them.

And then there is the "metric" and "non-metric" parts issue with these guns.  Does anyone have one or more, and if so, have they been happy with them?

Thanks.

Offline dogsoldier0513

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Century's copy of the FN FAL rifle?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:10:54 AM »
I've owned (2) Century L1A1s.  The 1st one had an IMBEL receiver and was built using USED Brit parts.  The gun ran 100% and shot well.  The 2nd also had an IMBEL reciever but was built using 100% UNISSUED Brit parts.  I couldn't get it to 'run' for anything.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:37:32 AM »
I have found the "English or Inches" version will take the metric mags, but the metric version will not take to inches mags. 

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »
Dogsoldier...I think you may have hit it right on, I have never seen one shoot all the years of going to different rifle ranges.  They might be on the finicky side.