Author Topic: WW purchase  (Read 672 times)

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
WW purchase
« on: October 08, 2010, 03:43:37 AM »
My buddy who is also getting into casting found a source to buy wheel weights for $50 per 5 gallon bucket. I asked him to try to get me a bucket which he did. Is that a good price? I felt like it was after checking around at some of the tire shops in the area. Thanks, Charlie 
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline Anduril

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: WW purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »
thats something less than 50 cents a pound.
sad to say I've paid more in the past
most of the time we are paying for valve stems, lug nuts, cigarette butts , etc.
there are more and more steel & zinc wheel weights as well

price is kind of a local thing
if you shopped around and are happy that is what counts.

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:57:48 AM »
Yeah, I've paid more too. I bought a gallon for $20 so I could start casting a few months ago. I would say 90+% of our WW's are still good old lead. These looked to be also.
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline WayneS

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »
That is a good price, untill your time  sortin through them for the zinx WW, and the stick on's, unless don't mind mixing the clip on's & the stick on's, then, consider the propane to smelt them, and  your time, plus your gas running around collecting/hunting stores that will sell .
I've gotten where I don't get around like I used to and have been dealing with a person that sells 50# of   clip on WW ingots for $ 62.00 delivered via USPS to my door.  ;D

Wayne

Offline lee1954

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 07:35:07 AM »
This is My angle  --- even If I'm not out of lead,,,   when you get Tires   -  You are then a costumer  and can get a better deal  on wheel weights,,,,  bring your own bucket can  sometimes help...  and still be willing to pay for the WW   -- Or if a tire place sells gas fill your car there -- This may only be in small town USA.
  All in all  -- $50    is  way less then  Gunshop ingets...  probebly not a bad price for walking in
My work  had me  trucking in to Pacific Steel ,  And asked then what a 5 gal bucket of WW was ,,, they didn't have any,, so I didn't get a price   --- The salvage lead price is the price ... This price would be on the internet someplace.. MY guess is $50 is fair  and less then $50 is a deal

The places that buy old batters also pick up wheelweights too, bring the price up ..

Now that you have a bucket look for a deal on your next - long befor you run low   DAN