Author Topic: Naval Carriage Kit  (Read 685 times)

Offline jer2349

• Trade Count: (0)
Naval Carriage Kit
« on: September 27, 2010, 07:15:19 AM »
I have intentions to purchase a tube from SBR. I would like to purchase a Naval Carriage kit. The size of the tube I would like to be anywhere from a 1.5" to a 2" bore. Length 32" to 36" The weight and the prior mentioned bore & length would all revolve around the Carriage at this point. I have found but one manufacture of a Naval Carriage Kit that would incorporate a barrel of this size. This being Brass with Class. He is no longer takeing orders. Though I have spoke with Jefferson Armory, and he will do a kit for me. I was wondering if I had any other options for a kit of this size. I have looked everywhere. Would any of you folks know what direction to point me? Respectfully, Jerry

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
Re: Naval Carriage Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »
Jerry,
Did you ever check with "Duck Island Cannon Works"?

This link is from Graybeeard Outdoors > Blackpowder Mortar and Cannon Forum: http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,215224.0.html
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »
Lenny @ Duck Island Cannon works is the man..  :D

Offline lendi

• GBO Sponsor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
jer2349
 i have retired from building carriages for the next few years. however i will have some free time this winter.  we are planning a three month boat trip up the Hudson,Erie canal,lake Ontario , st Lawrence river, lake Champlain and home.  I have a 1/4 scale sea service carriage that is almost completed.  You are probably looking for a Verbruggen or a swivel gun.  Send me a email, I may be able to help you out.  len@dicannonworks.com

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »
Lendi , Do tell ! a 3 three month boat trip !

sorry to hijack the op .   but not too sorry to do it anyway  ;D

gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline rusty barrels

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 06:16:41 AM »
SBR used to sell the kits too, ask them. I have been trying to get them to sell me just the plans because they have a great carriage but they will only do it if I buy one of their barrels.