Author Topic: Nef 28ga?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline marine

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
Nef 28ga?
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:24:54 AM »
  I stopped by the auction house this morning and laying on one of the tables is a nef pardner 28ga with cinnamon laminated straight buttstock and a matching forend.  is this a normal configuratin and what would it be worth?  I want to go tonight to bid at the auction, but dont want to pay too much.  Thanks in advance.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Nef 28ga?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:31:09 AM »
I have a 28 and it is a fine upland gun. I would think if it's in good condition and with the laminate stock, OF you want it and if you could it it for $125 or less it would be OK. If yiou really wanted it I could even see going a little more, $140 or so out the door is in the ballgame for something you wanted. 28 gauge shells are plentiful and quite inexpensive around here so it's a great Partridge gun for the Northeast....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline marine

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »
Thanks MSP Ret. I was thinking it might make a good squirrel/quail gun.  If i could find slugs for it and i doubt i will,  It might even be good for close in deer.  Im in ohio so it might be pretty useful.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:19:55 AM »
you will like the 28 gauge buddy, quite a few here have them and the concensus is they hit almost like a 20 gauge and recoil just a tiny bit more than a .410. A great gun for your needs of squirrels and quail. Slugs for the 28 have been mentioned by several here but I am not aware of anyone (company) who is making them at this time. Some here have spoken of reloading slugs for the 28 gauge, perhpas they will speak up...<><....:)

and by the way, welcome aboard and nice to have you here with us. Come often and stay late, for when your here you are among friends...
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:37:32 AM »
I too hava a 28ga and it's a great small game getter. You can find inexpensive ammo for it at Able's ammo  website.Both PMC and  Rio shells are under $10. You can get 28ga slugs at    starsandstripesammo.com.     I haven't priced the slugs because here in NY you can't use anything under 20ga for deer.
   If you can get it for a reasonable price go for it. you won't be disapointed.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »
I think I paid $125 used for mine with pallet wood stocks. Its a great squirl gun and did extraordinery duty dispatching starlings from my old farm house. You can find shells at walmart for just under $10
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »
I actually did see some 28ga slugs yesterday at Fleet Farm beleive it or not, I was looking for 410 slugs to mess around with and there they were.

Good luck!

Dave

Offline marine

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »
  No go on the 28ga.  It went for 90 and i knew the other guy wasnt going to budge. I guess another will show itself.  It was more curiosity than a reel need. I just wasnt as curious as he was :).  Thanks to all. I do appreciate all the input guys.

Offline marine

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
what is fleet farm? Never been.

Offline manatee1947

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »
good thing I did not see it for $90, I would be that curious in a heartbeat ;)
remember the starfish

Offline marine

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 04:37:07 AM »
On a second look i noticed that it had lots of rust freckling on the receiver and the stock seemed short like a youth so i wasnt going to be paying near new price for it. 

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 04:54:36 AM »
I agree, for $90 I would have jumped on it and even bought two if I could have....<><....:)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 01:27:08 PM »
I'd have given you $150.00 for the stock and forearm.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline marine

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
I thought it would be great to part out but I wasnt going to bid $100 and possibly more to risk selling youth laminate stocks and then buy new ones for it.  He wanted it pretty bad.  besides i just bought a wingmaster and a remington 700.  now i know what to do the next time i find something like this ;D.  They are fairly common around here.  The hardware store in town has a used 28ga for $65. havent seen it but a good friend let me know while he was shopping this week.

Offline only1asterisk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 08:51:49 AM »
I thought it would be great to part out but I wasnt going to bid $100 and possibly more to risk selling youth laminate stocks and then buy new ones for it.  He wanted it pretty bad.  besides i just bought a wingmaster and a remington 700.  now i know what to do the next time i find something like this ;D.  They are fairly common around here.  The hardware store in town has a used 28ga for $65. havent seen it but a good friend let me know while he was shopping this week.

I need to move to where you live.

Offline marine

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 04:45:57 AM »
  they do turn up an awful lot around here.  I dont know what the reason is for people selling so many of them.  I guess they have never been to GBO or they might fetch a bit more.  I just saw an H&R model 158 in 22 hornet for $120 this week along with a 22-250 ultra th for $220 and several shotguns for around $100.  Seems like good deals to me.  Most dealers dont seem to care for handis what so ever and just want their money back out of them so they are priced pretty low.   
  I spent 6 months trying to sell my .223 ultra varmint with a nikon buckmaster scope on it for $200 and nobody would buy it so i chopped the barrel and decided to keep it.  If you want cheap handis come to Ohio.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »
I tell you what, you buy that 28ga for 60.00 and as long as the barrel is good I will give you your money back and you can keep the frame and the wood.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07