Author Topic: Like my Makarov  (Read 465 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Like my Makarov
« on: October 04, 2010, 05:50:07 AM »
I have owned a Bulgarian Mak in 9x18 for about two years but have only shot it a little for no particular reason. I picked this Mak up in like new condition from a local pawn shop for $115 plus sales tax. This last year I started buying a box of ammo every so often. Yesterday I took it out and shot it quite a bit. At seven yards it is deadly. In fairly rapid fire I can fire an eight shots that you can cover with your hand, much smaller group if I take my time. At twenty five yards my groups open up a lot but I think that is mostly due to my 55 year old eyes and those little sights. But the trigger pull is great, almost to light, the gun balances well, it is easy to carry, it is a snap to take down for cleaning. Some may debate how effective the round is. The only real negative is trying to find the spent casings as they are fairly small and the gun seems to kick them out into the next county. Overall these are nice little guns, especially for the money.
GuzziJohn

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: Like my Makarov
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:40:21 AM »
I agree. I have the Czech version, cz82, handles well, good fit in my hand, and it is a shooter like yours. Can't beat these guns for the $$ although I spent a little more than you did!  Like it for CC too.
Read somewhere that changing out the springs to a heavier version gets it to drop the cases a few feet away, I may have to try that.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
JAL5,
I have heard that changing springs can help. Concerning CC, the main problem for me is the handle/butt of the gun. That part is still pretty fair sized. I do carry it open quite a bit on my rural property however and it is great for that.
GuzziJohn

Offline blhof

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »
My son bought one and left it with me while he was deployed.  Since He also got dies, shells and bullets for reloading: I took it to the range to test some reloads, my wife(a non-shooter) came along and wanted to try the little gun, so I set the target at 7yds and gave her the basic lesson and she proceeded to put 7 in the center about a 50 cent size group.  She was definitely interested, but about the 3rd clip it bit her; her thumb was a little high and got nicked by the slide; so now I gotta get her a small revolver, but at least she's still interested.