Author Topic: looking for a specific type of ammo wallet, who makes one?  (Read 614 times)

Offline rexican

• Trade Count: (2)
looking for a specific type of ammo wallet, who makes one?
« on: December 12, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »
Hey all. I'm in need of a leather ammo wallet with a covering flap that will attach to a belt, but here's the kicker: I only need it to hold 4 or 5 rounds of 7mm mag. Boyd's 5 round carrier is the closest I have found, but it is open top and I ride around in south TX and areas where dust coats everything. I don't like the added weight and size of the 10 round carriers, and I'm kind of picky. I have spent hours searching for one, but I'm sure y'all know of something I have overlooked. I switch between a couple different calibers, so I would like to be able to order a couple of different sizes off the shelf and avoid the custom route. Am I SOL?
Frustrated Optimist (Cynic)

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: looking for a specific type of ammo wallet, who makes one?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:15:31 AM »
Have you looked into canvas wallets?  I've seen them in Cabelas etc...but have always used a rifle sleeve that just goes around the butt of the rifle.  Obviously with all the dust you are talking about that would not work.  I can't believe there are not guys out there that would make something custom for you.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:08:15 AM »
rexican, I have looked for the same thing and settled on the Boyt. Seems all with covers were huge Civil War looking things, or something that only a Chinaman could have designed. Simple honest quality is all I was looking for. Except for the cover Boyt filled the bill.

I'll be watching for what this unveils.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »
Try Levergun Leather Works He's a great guy and can make you almost anything.
http://levergunleather.com/index.htm

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356