Author Topic: bought my first boresnake  (Read 582 times)

Offline john keyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
bought my first boresnake
« on: December 25, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »
I like it....am I supposed to be applying solvent some how?  seems like the snake helps get some of the chamber area too.   
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline Empty Quiver

Re: bought my first boresnake
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »
I put the solvent on the wide area near the string.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline GRAMPS 94

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 04:08:54 AM »
What I do  is run it thru at the range while the barrel is still warm, then at home I have a string loop tied on the end that i slip an oiled patch thru and pull it thru again. I washed it by wrapping around a towel and pinning it. Be carefull when pulling it thru that you dont let it fold over and double up. Had to dig it out with a croche hook once. Ok, so I had yanked pretty hard on it tryin to pull it on thru first. Kind of tore up the end a little bit. I still use the old rod and brush to really clean it good when needed. One of those carbon fiber rods with all brass fittings, no steel. Do also be carefull when pulling the snake thru that the scratchy part doesnt drag over any other part of the rifle.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »
Didn't you get the instructions with it?  You put the solvent where the brass brush is and a drop or two at the very end of the thick part opposite the drawstring. One or two pulls does it for me after every shooting outing.

Regards,

Ps it's like putting your Childs swing set together, it's easier if you take the time to read the directions.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:12:08 AM »
We use em during range sessions if needed, but for real cleaning I use WipeOut. 

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.