Author Topic: 50 cal. D.I.S.C. EXTREME  (Read 909 times)

Offline wind drift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
50 cal. D.I.S.C. EXTREME
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:32:36 PM »
So i bought this rifle a year ago and i am finally getting around to setting it up for hunting would like to know what has shot best out of youre DISC EXTREME i have bought some 250gr.shockwaves easy glides some blackhorn and win.209 primers.Just want a good safe starting point i plan on making this my primary hunting rifle from deer to elk i think i will really enjoy hunting with the muzzy.If ya'll have any other suggestions on bullets and the plastic things the bullet sets in that would really help. :DTHANKS

Offline Reese

Re: 50 cal. D.I.S.C. EXTREME
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:36:44 AM »
Sabots are the name for the "plastic things". ;)

I would start at 90 gr volume and work your way up to no more than 120 gr volume of BH209.
Keep in mind these are volume measurements NOT weight as on a reloader's grain scale.

BH209 likes a firm seal to ignite well.  If the easy glides are too loose, you may get some hang fires.
Try them first and if they do not do well for you, try Harvester smooth black sabots and also their
black crush rib.  Experiment and enjoy.

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
 I shoot 120 grains of B209, a 250 grn SST(regular, easy-glide was to loose), & a CCI mag primer. I could back off the powder some but I've been using the 120 lately. If you find those easy glides to loose you could just get some other sabots made for the .451 bullet. I used some Harvester with the SST bullets & traded away the easy-glide jackets. I also shoot a Lehigh Gen II breech plug. It will fit right in your gun, no plastic jackets,much cleaner, & the channel is supposed to be optimized for B209. They are about $39.50. They will also give you better ignition when using less than mag primers. Your trigger is adjustable. I recently upgraded to a Leupold vari-x-III 1.75-6pwr scope. I just shot last week & I'm right in there, ready for the IL deer hunt.
NRA, Veteran

Offline wind drift

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »
1SOURDOUGH i plan on getting that breech plug and a thumbhole stock for the disc and as soon as i get back from my COL. elk hunt in about 3 weeks i plan on shooting nothing else for awhile i really want to get into shooting the muzzy i think it will a little more challenging and a whole lot funner if thats a word :D Reese thanks i hate it when i have a brain fart.THANKS

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 12:44:32 AM »
 I have 4 Knights, one does have the thumbhole stock. It's a little different & I may use it next year but I don't know if I'd go out & pay extra for one. I guess it's a personal preference kind of thing. After I try it hunting I'll have a better idea. I have nothing against the plastic jackets, they give you more to hold on to when loading in cold weather. You will see a much cleaner bolt area after shooting with the Lehigh plug. Be sure to take the bolt apart after shooting to clean inside, may need the "C" tool, maybe not.
NRA, Veteran