Author Topic: Pistol Scopes for the T/C Encore Pistols  (Read 686 times)

Offline woodyed

• Trade Count: (0)
Pistol Scopes for the T/C Encore Pistols
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:21:47 AM »
Would like to hear from users of T/C Encore pistols on how their scopes have held up under the recoil of 7mm-08's, 270's or 30-06's. I'm looking for a reliable scope that has at least a 32mm objective lens and only a power in the 3x to 7x range, preferably only about 3x or 4x. The higher ranges of magnification don't interest me but I realize I might have to settle for a variable scope to get the 32mm objective lens. There are several scopes on the market by name brand manufacturors but their scopes only have 20mm or 28mm objective lenses.

Offline Blackhawker

• Trade Count: (38)
Re: Pistol Scopes for the T/C Encore Pistols
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 06:39:07 AM »
For years I've used a 2-6X Bushnell Trophy scope on my 30-30 pistol.  I have one on my .223 too but there is little to no recoil with that. I understand that the 30-30 doesn't have quite the recoil of the 30-06 or 270 but mine has probably withstood two to three thousand rounds over the course of the past 15 years and it's still doing great.
I typically shoot both of these with the scope turned to 4X.  The higher magnification isn't really worth it.  Personally, a dedicated 4X scope should do one just fine.

Offline woodyed

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 04:54:24 AM »
I agree and that's what I really want and that is a fixed 3 or 4 power scope, but can't find one that has a 32mm objective lens. T/C used to sell them, but haven't for years now.

Offline Blackhawker

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:11:33 AM »
I agree and that's what I really want and that is a fixed 3 or 4 power scope, but can't find one that has a 32mm objective lens. T/C used to sell them, but haven't for years now.

Check this link from MIdway:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=612887

I have two of these scopes.  They're both mounted on 30 carbine pistols so they're not high recoilers at all BUT they seem to be holding up quite well.  Ironically, I bought one of them used here for a good price.  You might try one of these.....they're pretty cheap as far as pistol scopes go.

By the way, they sell a silver one too if you need it to match a stainless pistol.