Author Topic: Blood Tracking Flashlights  (Read 2658 times)

Offline dondford

• Trade Count: (0)
Blood Tracking Flashlights
« on: October 15, 2010, 06:30:35 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with blood tracking flashlights?  Any suggestions on brands that actually work?

Thanks for any assistance.

Don

Offline SHOOTALL

Re: Blood Tracking Flashlights
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:29 AM »
I have three , best advice is get a good mag lite and forget the blood lights . I bought one and the other 2 were gifts , none are reliable. most of the time they won't even lite up a gut pile.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline possume

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
wow my buddy has one dont know the brand but we love it it works great even in the day

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 04:12:17 AM »
Ya'll are lucky indeed , It would be nice to know brand.

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »
You can always use a coleman lantern. It makes the blood literaly glow in the dark.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »
+1 on the Coleman Lantern.  I am a full out flash-a-holic.  I have more flashlights than any three men should have.  I have yet to see any battery powered light come anywhere close to the tried and true camp fuel lantern.  These lanterns will run all night if needed and you will not get the light from a battery powered light for that length of time.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline hillbill

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 03:56:37 PM »
ok this is sum info worth lookin at.i dont track very many deer but im hunting with 2 youths this year. i have 2 colemans, a clear globe and a yellow globe, does it make a difference?

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
hydrogen peroxide, in a squirt bottle works very good too and its cheap
squirt it on the ground , leaves or whatever and blood will foam up and glow like crazy with a coleman lantern
 use the clear glass globe

Offline dondford

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »
I would love more comments from hunters who have used blood lights that works, some specific brands please.  I too, are a big fan of Coleman lanterns for camping; they put out a lot of light and heat as well for winter camping.  I can't see they would be particularly useful for tracking deer; seems to me you need something that throws a beam.  The hydrogen peroxide idea is interesting, but if I knew where to squirt it I wouldn't have the problem.  You shoot a deer fom 100-150 yards in low light from a elevated stand, by the time you get the area where you think he ran into the woods and everting looking different from ground level; there is a broad area to look for blood.  A good light is a big help but a blood light that WORKS would be a huge help.

D   

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 02:43:38 PM »
Add 1 more for the Coleman but I'm a propane man less mess no stink ;D

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »
I use a single mantal Coleman there smaller, lighter, and put out enough light. Put tin foil on the back half inside the the glass and cord to hang around your neck. That makes it easy to carry and it won't blined you.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
Clear glass is all I ever use in my lanterns

Also, there used to be someone that made handle that fit the Coleman.  It would have a reflector to direct the light forward and the handle would fit on the side and not the top.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 09:01:14 AM »
I use a single mantal Coleman there smaller, lighter, and put out enough light. Put tin foil on the back half inside the the glass and cord to hang around your neck. That makes it easy to carry and it won't blined you.
just asking wouldn't that get hot on your body hanging around your neck ?

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 05:31:08 AM »
I bought the only one offered by Sportsman's guide.  Check out their website;  It's their own unbranded offering #JXX-134810 109 LED "Blood Tracker" @ $29.97.  I have not used blood tracking mode yet but seems to work right.  The regular mode works great and it is small enough to fit into most small paks.