Author Topic: Tracker II Sight In  (Read 651 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Tracker II Sight In
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
To make a long story short my adult son had his scope fog last deer season on his Tracker II so I replaced it for him with a Leupold 1.5-5x20mm scope I was not using at this time. He is the proud Dad of Triplet boys born in August and his time is limited and he asked me to dial it in for him. I got it in the bullseye after 6 shots and quit there, as he'll have to fine tune it.

I went in the safe and pulled out my Tracker II and had three different type slugs and fired the top three shots on the target. My Tracker though ok on accuracy never shot as well as his. I used a Federal Barnes Expander tipped, a Federal Barnes expander, and a Winchester Supreme Partition Gold (all 3")and shot the best group my Tracker has gotten to date. I guess even a blind pig finds a cob of corn now and then!

Our Tracker II's are 20 guage

Offline matthew_h

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Tracker II Sight In
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
good shooting . 20 gauge makes for a fine slug gun .

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
Keep trying diffrent sabots in yours you will find the sweet one. My Tracker II 20ga likes the lightfield hybrid express 2 3/4 it will clover leaf them at 75 yards
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Keep trying diffrent sabots in yours you will find the sweet one. My Tracker II 20ga likes the lightfield hybrid express 2 3/4 it will clover leaf them at 75 yards

Good for you. My Tracker II needs two targets side by side to basically get lightfields on paper. The only two that I've had luck with are the Winchester and Federal round I mentioned above. I've been using mainly the Winchester Partition Gold 3".