Author Topic: Have any of you seen this??  (Read 1852 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Have any of you seen this??
« on: November 07, 2010, 01:57:53 AM »
I'm posting here as many of us enjoy boar hunting and wanted to ask my handi brothers.

This is a copy of a Email I received the other day. If true all I can say is WOW!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would you like one of these around your house ?

Cute little Texas  pig ...That was killed in the town of Cut-N-Shoot, TX. We call them Piney Wood Rooters.
There was a documentary on about a month ago about these things growing up so rapidly in the US. They're all over   Georgia , Alabama, Arkansas,   Texas ,   Florida , and other states. You ever wonder what happens to those people that just leave home and disappear but their car is found out on a dirt road? Between Bigfoot and these monsters, I think we know!
This was killed by a Medical Radiology worker...What would you do if this beast was coming at you? Run for dear life? Climb a tree? Or simply get run over?

Over 1,800 lb. Wild boar shot and killed in Conroe , Texas near the County Airport , East of I-45 and near the community of Cut and Shoot.

Yep......only in Texas ! We were taught to stand still because their eye sight is poor. By standing still they probably would not see you and walk right on by. And, no, you can't outrun them!! Look at how tall the grass and weeds are. How fast do you think you would be running thru that? I don't know about y'all, but I'm a fat slow joker that would fall flat on my face after a few steps.
Pork chops, anyone ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think..

That middle pic sure looks doctored to me..

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapper57

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Have any of you seen this??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 02:14:02 AM »
that's not in texas

Offline Goatwhiskers

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »
Photoshop and camera angles.  When I was farming I once showed my banker a picture of the shoulder high soybeans I had--impressed him!  I forget the correct name, but there is a jungle hog in a country in Africa that gets that big, but domestic and feral hogs in the US don't.  Goatwhiskers

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 02:27:14 AM »
I don't know where it is, but I have never seen a photo of four people in Texas that at least one of them didn't have on some kind of hat, even at a wedding or funeral. Also I can't imagine any self-respecting Texan painting "Nature Tours" on the side of their truck; "Let's Go Kill Sumpin" maybe, but not "Nature Tours".
That said, its still a scary looking hog.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 02:47:37 AM »
Now I know what Ty was loading them 720 gr. bullets for!!!!!! JamesIII

Offline gomerdog

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 04:59:37 AM »
Those images have been going around the internet for a few years now, and whenever I see them, they are most often accompanied by a different story. I think the animal (and it really does look huge) was actually shot in Turkey...or was it Greece...maybe Uzbekistan.  :-\
"Endeavor to persevere..." Chief Dan George from The Outlaw Josie Wales

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 05:01:21 AM »
It may be real, but it's not in Texas, Nature Tours is in Turkey, the boar in the pic was taken on a "Driven" hunt.

Tim

http://www.naturetours.com.tr/nature_hunting_area.html

http://www.naturetours.com.tr/driven.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 04:25:47 AM »
The animal may have been real but the photo's showing his relative size are clearly phoney....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 04:27:12 AM »
I think that is one of the little pigs that Gendoc has been feeding down in his swamp.  He must have turned it loose because it was a runt. ::)
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:41 AM »
Their website states wild boar weigh over 350kg which is 770lbs, so along with the exaggerated perspective pics, the 1800lb weight is exaggerated as well.

Tim

http://www.naturetours.com.tr/nature_eng.html

Nature Tours is the best , the most popular and the most ancient hunting organisation in Turkey since 1985.We organize the best quality hunts whole Turkey.Cause of the local muslims don’t eat Wild Boar meat and even they don’t touch them and cause of  the less population density ( 80 person- 1 km) ;there is a big quality and quantity of wildboars very old and with very big throphies till 31 cm.So Turkey is a dream for wild boar hunting and the correct country the hunt the quality of trophy Wild Boar.We oparate the Driven Hunt and the Stalking (or Highseat –Mirador-)  hunt in a area around 2 000 000 hectares where you can hunt the good quality of trophy Wild Boar till 31 cm tusks and weighted more than 350 kg.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 06:33:14 AM »
I think that is one of the little pigs that Gendoc has been feeding down in his swamp.  He must have turned it loose because it was a runt. ::)

naw, i turned him loose cus he wanted to hunt me !!!! :o

i have seen many around and over 350, but not that big. when we fly over the swamp in tha chopper we see
many huge hawgs !!! ones you don't want to get between them are there lil'uns  :o

we mainly go for the lil'uns 50-75lbs cus they eat way better 8)
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 08:52:49 AM »
Man, that's alot of bacon!  35 miles north of me.... and I thought I didn't need anything bigger than my .243 around here.  Even wondering if my .35 Rem is enough.    Hmmm.... now I see why 45-70 Marlins are so popular.  Maybe it's time I got a .455 double.

Be Well....
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »
Man, that's alot of bacon!  35 miles north of me.... and I thought I didn't need anything bigger than my .243 around here.  Even wondering if my .35 Rem is enough.    Hmmm.... now I see why 45-70 Marlins are so popular.  Maybe it's time I got a .455 double.

Be Well....

It ain't in Texas, the text in CW's email is bogus, the boar was shot in Turkey, read the rest of the replies.  ;)

Tim

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 09:30:10 AM »
Yeah, but I was gonna use that pig as an excuse to justify another shooter! 
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »

Offline Frank V

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 10:55:40 AM »
Man, that's alot of bacon!  35 miles north of me.... and I thought I didn't need anything bigger than my .243 around here.  Even wondering if my .35 Rem is enough.    Hmmm.... now I see why 45-70 Marlins are so popular.  Maybe it's time I got a .455 double.

Be Well....

It ain't in Texas, the text in CW's email is bogus, the boar was shot in Turkey, read the rest of the replies.  ;)

Tim

I think the 95 Marlin using a 405gr bullet @ over 1700fps would handle it. So would the .375 H&H! I've often wondered if those photos are real. Guess there really could be a Hog that big running around? For sure if you stepped off your porch & ran into him some fine morning it'd bring you to full awakness right now! :o
Frank
Frank
" U.S.A. RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »
Photos are likely real of actual boars up to ~800lbs as stated on their website which is full of pics of em including one of those in CW's email, just a matter of perspective on how the pic is taken, look at the upper left pic in the link below, above the tusks. If you look at their albums or watch the videos, you'll see they all used bolt action rifles, I didn't look at all of them tho.

Tim

http://www.naturetours.com.tr/driven.html

http://www.naturetours.com.tr/b_a_3_small.jpg

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 12:25:50 PM »
If you live near enough to a rural area where they have a county/state fair, go look at the Livestock areas and find the "Pig" area. I have seen 1200 lb pigs at the fair before. Obviously it was not a feral or wild boar animal. For sure was weighed on calibrated and certified scale because 1) farmers make their living by how much whatever they grow weighs, 2) the pigs at the fair are in competition, so the weight is important.

If you ever get a chance to visit a pig farm, check out any breeding boars that they might have. I'm 5'8", and I have seen stud boars whose withers were about even with my shoulder.

Yes, pigs can grow to quite huge dimensions.

Offline moorepower

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 01:10:01 PM »
All I know is it is a big pig.

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 01:55:43 PM »

i have seen many around and over 350, but not that big. when we fly over the swamp in tha chopper we see
many huge hawgs !!! ones you don't want to get between them are there lil'uns  :o

Been dogging 'em and killing 'em for about 15 of my 21 years and I ain't never killed nor seen one killed that went over 500 lbs. I see a lot that boys say man that thing weighs 600 lbs and I just go get the tractor and some cotton scales and say lets find out! Most of the time he will go between 200 and 350 lbs. A lot of folks don't realize how big a hog has actually got to be to weigh 500 lbs or more. I killed one that went 450 on the scales and he took 6 grown men to load in my Chevrolet!

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 12:25:55 PM »

Been dogging 'em and killing 'em for about 15 of my 21 years and I ain't never killed nor seen one killed that went over 500 lbs. I see a lot that boys say man that thing weighs 600 lbs and I just go get the tractor and some cotton scales and say lets find out! Most of the time he will go between 200 and 350 lbs. A lot of folks don't realize how big a hog has actually got to be to weigh 500 lbs or more. I killed one that went 450 on the scales and he took 6 grown men to load in my Chevrolet!

Daman

About ten years back 6 of us took a trip looking for big hogs. My two friends shot hogs over 500 pounds on a scale. The smaller one was 515 DRESSED!! the larger was 54? something. Mine was the smallest at just over 300 gutted. My best to date is a 365Lb gutted on a registered scale.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »
Those were truly some BIGGGGG Hogs!!!! I bet those were fun to get loaded!

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »
CW, you go get your handi and i'll fetch the skillet!! By gum, we're gonna have us a feast.
If you miss, I'll smack em in the head wif my cast iron skillet.
Now thats some hawg!!

The Hermit

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 01:44:01 AM »
The talk of running from a critter is almost always the wrong thing to do unless you have a big lead and someplace safe to get to. If you run from almost any critter that will most often trigger a chase response, even if the critter was just bluffing, when you turn and run that will cause them to change their mind. Best response if you have nothing else is to look as big and mean as possible.