Author Topic: Kel-Tec SUB 2000  (Read 643 times)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
Kel-Tec SUB 2000
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »
 I had a chance last weekend to fire this weapon, what fun little carbine I realize this weapon has been out for a while but I never really paid it much attention.
A friend of mine picked up the Kel-Tec new from one of our local gun shops price was 299.00 + tax.
It's a 9mm that takes the Glock magazines it can also be had in 40 SW.
 http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/sub-2000/
We were firing Winchester and Federal cheap Walmart ammo, targets were 6 inch steel at 50 and 10 inch steel at 100 yards.
We put some 300 rounds down range without a single hicup and showed to be easy on the brass.
100 yards may be an extreme for the 9mm, but we were able to make consistant hits at that range and at 50 yards hitting the steel was easy.
The front site on this model is a plastic affair that is quite wide it works ok but covers up at lot of target at longer ranges.
Also being plastic I see potential for it getting broke easily, I'd like to see it replaced with a thinner metal site maybe a tritium version for low light situations.
I may be picking one of these up for myself in the near future we'll run his through the paces a bit longer to check long term reliability.
I think this little carbine would be a more discrete easier to tote replacement for my Mini 30 when I'm working down on the border. Giving up long range capabilities is not a problem if  a situation were to happen it would be up close a nasty. The 40SW version I think would be a better option for me. Armed with a couple of 30 round mags one should be able to make a tactical retreat back to safety. Most of the trouble makers down there are looking for easy prey not a fire fight anyway.  If you get a chance check this little carbine out it's very affordable a lot of fun as a plinker folds up very compact and I think it would make a great short range defensive weapon.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kel-Tec SUB 2000
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:57:20 AM »
Been looking for one in .40, set up for a G23. None of my dealers show them available  :(.     Sure would like to have one for a travel gun.