Author Topic: Mixed upland Bag  (Read 912 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
Mixed upland Bag
« on: December 04, 2010, 03:56:40 AM »
I'm really liking this modifided  410 shooter. The picture is from yesterdays hunt on public land. The gun has a Ultra hunter receiver/Pardner 22" 410 barrel and walnut stockes from a 45 colt carbine. The forcing cone has been lengthed and the choke has been reamer out to .410". It's a lite toting field shooter. The ammo used was the cheap remington game loads in #6 shot 2.5".

Enjoy!

Froghunter

"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: Mixed upland Bag
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:18:53 AM »

Froghunter that's about that I was planing to do with mine as soon as I can find the stocks. Did you do the barrel work yourself?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
Look like you had a good day out.
I miss hunting in Delaware
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline matthew_h

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 12:47:56 PM »
nice looking .410 and good shooting . looks like a nice mixed bag .

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:37:05 AM »
Have you got those beagle pointing woodcock now? We gotta get together soon.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »
HeyFroghunter! Man that is one dandy little 410! No doubt in my way of thinking, the little 410'ers got alot of potential. Great photo to! You say had the bore reamed to .410, does that meen its a cylinder bore now? Thanks! scout4<><

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
Yes the little gun is a shooter. This is the second one I did and yes I did the barrel work myself to all of them. I was affaid that they would not shot straight, but all of them do and my hunting buddies can hit water bottles at 15-20 yards with them. The long barreled gun in the picture has taking 3 rabbits  with four shots at rabbits, mine has harvested three rabbits, one squirrel and two American woodcock. I have missed one rabbit and one purple grackle with it. The group I hunt with are middle age gentleman (late forties) and we just enjoy going out to watch and enjoy the beagles working and running rabbits. The other gun has two misses becuase the guy shot a the rabbits at 30 some yards.......too far for these guns. The fourth gun is my son's and it has not been hunted with this year. The picture is of the tools I used to lenghting the forcing cone and ream the chokes out. I used 30 weight motoroil for the cutting lube. It may have taken an hour for each barrel and after that I used steelwool to clean and polishes the bore. I tried to slug the bores with a .490 round muzzleloader ball to mic the bores, but it was to diffcult, so I don't know the bore size, but I do know the bore at the muzzle is .410". I have not patterned the guns on paper.

I willing to donate the forcing cone reamer and choke reamer to the NEF/H&R Shotgun forum, IF TIM IS WILLING TO MANAGE THEM LIKE THE OTHER SETS. Tim please shoot me a PM if you are willing.

Enjoy!

Froghunter
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »

Oh yea, that's what I'm talking about. Those are really nice. I can see this being a passion.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff