Author Topic: dealing with cameraland  (Read 820 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
dealing with cameraland
« on: December 04, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »
I decided to buy a good set of binoculars. Ive got nikon atbs and there a decent set of glass but ive allways wanted a better set. After talking with gr8fuldoug  i bit the bullet and ordered a set of 8.5x50 vortex razors. He had them for a price that was hard to beat anywhere and he took the time to honestly answer my questions and give me his recomendation. Hard to find that level of customer care when dealing with companys on the internet. If your looking for binocs or rifle scopes id recomend you contact him.
blue lives matter

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: dealing with cameraland
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 03:37:58 AM »
I have not read one post with anything negative about Cameraland.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:07:14 AM »
I agree, they are good people to deal with. Been buying from the long before they became a sponsor here. Always satisfied with their fast, courteous service.  ;D

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline sweetwyominghome

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:10:24 AM »
I've dealt with CL-NY five or so times now and have nothing but the HIGHEST praise for them. Plus, their deals are absolutely fantastic. And the complimentary items packed in with the order are icing on the cake.

This past week, my wife just got my Christmas present from there: a 4.5-14x44 Conquest. It's already arrived. I checked it out, but now it needs to get wrapped and put under the tree -- unless, of course, I keep the Zeiss and use it and put some old scope in the box ha ha!

Bobby

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 07:21:55 AM »
Can you give us your impression of the
Vortex compared to the ATBs?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:42:02 AM »
the atbs are a great bang for the buck but i took them both out to the blind the last couple nights and in really low light the razors pick up light much better. I could see with them even when the sun was totally down. Im no optics expert but i though in daylight the vortex seemed to be a bit crisper but it was a minor differnce and it could have just been me wanting them to be because I paid more for them. One thing i like about the atbs more is there much lighter. If i was walking in the woods id still grab the nikons. But sitting in a blind the low light performace of the vortex would make it the one id choose.
Can you give us your impression of the
Vortex compared to the ATBs?
blue lives matter