Author Topic: Maritime Organisation that Reenacts the Historic Age of Sail  (Read 593 times)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Maritime Organisation that Reenacts the Historic Age of Sail
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »
This is an older pdf from 2008, but Douglas and a few others may recognize the name of the man that built the carriages for the 3-pounders. THE AGE OF SAIL MARITIME ALLIANCE

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: Maritime Organisation that Reenacts the Historic Age of Sail
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 12:44:50 AM »
Cool - a different perspective on cannons!

;D
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
When I started this thread I didn't realize that the link posted was from this business (Privateer Media) website; I just remembered the name Damian Siekonic, as being the author of an instructional book (Building 18th Century Naval Artillery) on building historic 4-truck gun carriages, that some members had bought and spoken highly of.
It's probably a very enjoyable thing to start a business that's involved with something that you'd be doing for free anyway; I wish I'd have thought of that when I was younger. Historical Props
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline dan610324

• bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:42:42 AM »
one of the best books I ever bought
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry