Author Topic: 6.5 Creedmore vs. 6.5 x 284 Norma--Ballistic comparison?  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
6.5 Creedmore vs. 6.5 x 284 Norma--Ballistic comparison?
« on: December 14, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
I'm not overly familiar with these but was wondering if there's somewhere where you can compare the 2 and see what the pro's and con's would be on them.  They both seem to be great rounds.  A friend is looking for a long range rifle for deer and other type hunting and was looking into these 2 cartridges.

thanks.

Offline john keyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 6.5 Creedmore vs. 6.5 x 284 Norma--Ballistic comparison?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:46:17 PM »
I never have figured out what the creedmore was all about, it looks about the same as the 260.  the norma I've never heard of.   
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline spinafish

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: 6.5 Creedmore vs. 6.5 x 284 Norma--Ballistic comparison?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:13:54 AM »
the 6.5 Creedmore is sorta of reincarnation of the 260..but instead of being built on the .308 case it is built on the .30 T/C case..the 6.5-284 is built on the old 284 Winchester case. They are both darling of the long range target shooting crowd.  Hornady's website has good info on both.
the most heartwreching words any man will ever hear
"depart from me, I never knew you"  Jesus
We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” C.S. Lewis