Author Topic: Went to see the gunsmith today.  (Read 901 times)

Offline kf4ocv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Went to see the gunsmith today.
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »
Went to see the gunsmith today.  I wanted find a stock and forearm for an old 12ga 158 Topper I recently acquired.  The wood on this gun had been refinished by some jackleg that didn't even take off the stock before sanding and to much wood was removed from the forearm.  The smith didn't have these parts in stock so they are on order.  The stock should be here tommorrow or Wed  the forearm maybe January.  But he did have a replacement trigger guard assembly $7,  12 including installation.  He had a catalog which had a diagram of all the parts and part #.  Does anybody have any idea of the name of such a catalog.  I wish I had asked.
Chris

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Went to see the gunsmith today.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:26:49 AM »
Numrich has schematics, but if it has a transfer bar it's pretty much the same as a Pardner which is in the owner's manual which can be downloaded on the H&R  website.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/manuals.asp

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=8099
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »
Does this forearm snap on or use a phillips head screw like the new models?  I've got a couple screw types, give you one if you can use it.  Ones off a twenty guage has that cute little contour at the front, the other off a 12 guage, has been painted O.D. green, easily removed.

Offline kf4ocv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
The forearm is the snap on type but, thanks anyway.
Chris

Offline kf4ocv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:39:51 PM »
I picked up the stock the other day and realized too late that he sold me the current production stock.  It may work but I am going for an original look.  This stock has a stud for a sling and my gun has a snap on fore arm so it doesn't look right.  I may end up selling.  It has a nice look to it. 
Chris