Author Topic: Swapping Shotgun Barrels?  (Read 553 times)

Offline coyotehunter223

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Swapping Shotgun Barrels?
« on: December 27, 2010, 01:11:19 AM »
Good Morning,

I've know that the rifle barrels have to be properly fitted for safety and performance but is this true for Pardner shotgun barrels too? I have a chance to get another barrel with the choke I want but I won't do it if I have to send it in to be fitted. Thanks for your help.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Swapping Shotgun Barrels?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:50:41 AM »
I'm not sure if your telling us you won't buy the barrel or if your asking us if you should buy the barrel, but if you asking a question the answer is most likely in the FAQ's section on barrel fitting. I hope this helps....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 03:18:28 AM »
If you are buying a barrel DIY is your only option. Factory will not fit it.as MSPRet said instructions in FAQ
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 05:09:27 AM »
If you can 'try-fit' it in a FTF you will know, if you have to send for it, it might fit, or not. I had to lightly shim one, and two other barrels swap frame to frame but I have to shim the forearm spacer to wood fit to get the forearm tension right. This means having dedicated forearms only for convenience or if you want the option of both barrels.
Or, wait it out and buy a whole used gun in the choke you want for just a few dollars more?
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974