Author Topic: How much do the Troy TRX Forearms weigh?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
How much do the Troy TRX Forearms weigh?
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
They claim to be lightweight but they don't list there weights. I'm looking at there 9" and there 7.2" and there 7.6" ones. BTW: Whey would someone desire one over the other on the 7.2" vs. the 7.6"? Sorry for the ignorance I was just wondering what the rationale would be. It has to be something or they wouldn't offer it.

Thanks.

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: How much do the Troy TRX Forearms weigh?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:52 AM »
I'll let you know when my 7.2" arrives tomorrow.  The reason the 7.2" is needed is because the 7.6" will not fit behind a standard front sight on an M4.  The 7.6" will fit either a low-profile or flip-up sight gas block.  The 9" and longer will cover the gas block.  I want to keep my front sight so I ordered the 7.2". 

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: How much do the Troy TRX Forearms weigh?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 04:23:50 AM »
Well, I got it in, but didn't have access to a scale at the time and went ahead and installed it.  I would say, though that it weighs no more than the original double heat shield hand guards that it replaced, maybe a bit less.  With rails attached that adds a little, but it's still pretty light.  A lot lighter that the 4 rail handguards.  Here's what it looks like on the rifle: