Author Topic: Is Obama a one term Prez?  (Read 2622 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is Obama a one term Prez?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 04:16:18 AM »
so Slim is that stupidity of voters or lies on their part ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 06:53:46 AM »
I saw that this morning on Good morning America. They said that Obama was the most looked up to male and I think they said Bill Clinton was the second. Then they said as far as women goes Hillary Clinton was number 1 Sarah Palin 2nd and Oprha was 3rd. I can't believe anyone would look up to any of them. That just shows who our youths role models because I don't think adults look up to other adults. They may envy or respect other adults but not look up to. Take care Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 07:13:09 AM »
I think they are just looking up to an image. They really have no idea what effect these people have.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 07:23:14 AM »
I don't think they are that smart , they just pick names at random , it had to be multi. choice . Wonder how many picked all of the above  :D

Offline jimster

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 08:22:30 AM »

saw that this morning on Good morning America. They said that Obama was the most looked up to male and I think they said Bill Clinton was the second.

Considering the fact I really can't find anyone that looks up to Obama...I have to wonder where they got their info.  I have run into people that are sorry they voted for him, and are a bit embarrassed.  I must live in the wrong place to hear these things.  Clinton is still the butt of jokes in these parts as well. 

I guess polls can be sent to whoever, and worded any way they want to get any result they want.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 09:08:08 AM »
Well this am on the radio they said some poll was taken and Obama was the most liked man in America. H. Clinton was the best liked woman. I'm telling ya'll We the people are a strange lot in some places.
He was most liked for the 3rd year in a row. 

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
He's probably also the most widely despised, but they ain't-a gonna tell you that, are they?

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 09:58:06 AM »
He's probably also the most widely despised, but they ain't-a gonna tell you that, are they?
Widely despised by the far right for a fact who, by the way, are widely out of step with mainstream Americans.

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
Rasmussen tracks strong disapproval and it hovers around 40%. Strong approval hovers around 25%.

Offline TLARbb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »
He didn't make his first term on the back of my vote and he hasn't done anything to endear himself to me since he took office.  This is the nicest thing I have to say, so I'll leave it at that. - EJ

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 08:07:49 AM »
No one asked me.  Who conducted the poll?

Basic statistics.  To get a representative sample of a group you don't ask the entire group.  You don't even need to ask that large a number of people of a group.  As long as they were randomly polled from multiple locations you wouldn't likely need to ask more than a few thousand people out of the entire population to get a representative sample.  The margin of that method drops mighty quickly as the sample size inches upwards. 

During the last presidential election, due to the incredibly long lines, I even hard some people suggest that we use this method for voting.  A random sample of people would be selected to vote and the outcome would depend on the sampling.  While I don't like that idea at all (it's just too open to abuse, and even if it were perfect, something just wouldn't feel right about everybody not having a vote), but the fact remains: you take a fair small, random fraction of a population and results within that fraction will typically mirror that of the whole.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 08:16:28 AM »
Q:  Is Obama a one term Prez?
A:  I hope so.

Spanky

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 09:18:12 AM »

During the last presidential election, due to the incredibly long lines, I even hard some people suggest that we use this method for voting.  A random sample of people would be selected to vote and the outcome would depend on the sampling. 
[/quote]

That would make it easier to get the results desired . Now they have to play with district lines to get the votes like they want them. ;)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
not  to hi-jack  this thread . but.......

i kinda wonder WHO still belongs to the DEMOCRAT party  ans  adding to theirs  numbers

WHO has wondered  off  into the obscurity of a THIRD party

and  WHO  is helping  to fix the lost liberal REPUBLICAN  party with  a flood tide  of Conservative members
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.