Author Topic: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Both have 24" barrel.  (Read 266 times)

Offline lsjonsson

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi!

I have, those above calibers in my arsenal and I keep on looking for reloading data for these calibers. To my 8mm rem mag, I have a pretty good charge. I use where the Swift A-frame 220 gr, 215 Federal primer and gunpowder Norma MRP and get V0 approximately 860 m / s. Are there any of you who have a better charge with the same bullet with higher V0 m / s?

Earlier this year I bought Rem. 700 Safari in caliber 416 rem. mag. and which uses the former owner of Woodleigh RN 400 gr, 215 Federal primer and gunpowder Norma 203B. I had to inaugurate it last fall by shooting a female moose in Sweden. I have some loads to 416 r m but I am interested in more loads for this caliber.

In Sweden there is no importer of Alliance Powder now and it is very sad. I have used this powder before my 8 mm r m

I thank you in advance and hope I can help with this.

PS.
My English is not the best but I hope you understand what I have written.

/Stefan

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke"

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
what does mps relate to in fps. My favorite 8mag load has a 200 partition doing about 3000 fps using 7828. I dont give out loading data to people anymore but it would be easy to work up to that load if you had the components. Truth be told ive never shot anything bigger then a whitetail deer with that load but i know that it is DEVESTATING on deer at under 300 yards. Most times you can stick your fist in the exit hole. I dont have any experience with norma 203b but im sure you could do the same with norma mrp.
blue lives matter

Offline lsjonsson

• Trade Count: (0)
1 fps = 0.3048 m / s. Ok! Norma has good gunpowder and several foreign gunpowder is manufactured here in Sweden. The worst is that Norma powder is more expensive here in Sweden than in the United States. Blah!
RL gunpowder is manufactured here in Sweden for example. I´ve upload a list to you from the Vihtavuori gunpowder "Burning Rate Chart" There you can compare gunpowder along with each other.
/Stefan

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke"