Author Topic: low wall 223  (Read 667 times)

Offline woods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
low wall 223
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:52:35 PM »
     Yes!,  I snagged a winchester low wall in 223 tonight. Our local gun store had one on the used rack it was a demo model. Not a scratch on it I've been waiting for one of these to come my way been watching the 5 local gun stores in the area for 2 years or so,I stopped at one tonight just to browse the used rack and saw it , got to have it. Got 90 days to pick it up going to have to scrimp a little on the other indulgences but just a 100 dollar deposit for now. I've had a eye for the winchester high and low walls for a long time. Just wanted one, they signify a rich heritage of the past in my eyes, can't believe I finally have one on layaway. 2009 was the last year of production for the 223 and the 22 hornet these were the two calibers I was searching for, I know the 223 is not a historic cartridge like the hornet but it;s one that  I really respect and like, I'm just tickled to death with my find right now. Maybe some day I'll drop it off with my local gunsmith and have it recambered for the 220 swift.

woods

woo

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: low wall 223
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:57:09 AM »
Good on you Woods, Glad you were able to find a gun you have been looking for. Like game hunting, the hunt for that special gun is a lot of fun.  ;)

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
Re: low wall 223
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 09:16:26 AM »
Ammo wise its hard to beat the 223 for stocking up for that rainy day