Author Topic: scope reviews nikon or redfield  (Read 1908 times)

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
scope reviews nikon or redfield
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »
I may be in the market for a new scope I seen the nikon prostaff 3x9x40MM
$99.00
Redfield 3x9x40mm Redfield Revolution mid $130.00 price
any pro or cons between the 2 scope

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: scope reviews nikon or redfield
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
Both scopes are included in this review, there's also a discussion on the Redfield down the page here.

Tim

http://www.opticsthoughts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29:qinexpensive-scopeq-comparison&catid=4:rifle-scope-reviews&Itemid=4
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 01:08:44 AM »
i agree with everything he wrote with one exception. I personaly think that opticaly the bushnell  is as good as the burris and i will even through in the redfield for a three way tie . . Have to agree though that the windage and elevation knobs on the redfield suck. There mushy and in the two i have not repeatable and niether will reliably move poa a 1/4 inch at a time. I dont have a vortex but have a set of there high end binoculars and if the optics in the scopes are anywhere near the binoculars id have to say theyd hands down be the best bet but out of the rest personaly id take the bushnell. I also totaly agree with his comments on the prostaff. Ive got two and there low light performance is disamal at best.
Both scopes are included in this review, there's also a discussion on the Redfield down the page here.

Tim

http://www.opticsthoughts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29:qinexpensive-scopeq-comparison&catid=4:rifle-scope-reviews&Itemid=4
blue lives matter

Offline tman1965

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »
Just a word about the author of that review... Ilya Koshkin is without doubt one of the most knowledgeable optics authorities out there today! Trust me, when he speaks of optics.... Listen!