Author Topic: What are the ground rules for discussion?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
What are the ground rules for discussion?
« on: December 19, 2010, 07:33:07 AM »
Are we only going to discuss edible plants and fungi or can was also discuss things like crawdad trapping and  and prep and maybe trap construction and collecting clams and mussels-things that dont seem to fit into any fishing category?

Looking forward to learning some new things here :)
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: What are the ground rules for discussion?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:54:05 AM »
If it is possible.  Can you guys here who know, post pictures of wild eatibles as well as how to prepare them.  Pictures would be nice of what they look like actually growing in the wild.  I know about dandilions and wild onions.  I also know that kudzu is eatable.  What about other things?  What section of the country are they found?  These are good to know things for surviving in the woods.  I know that all animals are eatible, but all are not palatable.  Herbavores are better tasting, as well as omnivores like wild hogs.  Also, what plants are medicinal?

Offline melsdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: What are the ground rules for discussion?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »
Are we only going to discuss edible plants and fungi or can was also discuss things like crawdad trapping and  and prep and maybe trap construction and collecting clams and mussels-things that dont seem to fit into any fishing category?

Looking forward to learning some new things here :)

When I got the idea to start this forum, my intentions were focused on plants, and mushrooms.

However if you have information on crabbing, clams, mussels. Please go ahead and share what you know, and we will see what the interest is.
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under"

-Ronald Reagan