Author Topic: Okie 8 Pointer  (Read 650 times)

Offline SingleShotShorty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Okie 8 Pointer
« on: December 10, 2003, 10:24:04 AM »
I'm sure that this Buck may not be big in allot of area's but here in N.E. Oklahoma he is a good one. He weighed 176# and has a 19" inside spread. I took him with a Ruger 7MM Mag and a 140 grain Ballistic Tip last Saturday. :D  :-D  He still isn't to shabby for an old toad like myself.

Old Age and Treachery Will Alway's Overcome
Youth and Skill.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Okie 8 Pointer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 11:15:01 AM »
He is a dandy.  Congratulations.  

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline SingleShotShorty

• Contributor
Okie 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 11:52:16 AM »
Thanks for the kind words longwinters I'm proud of him and can't wait till I get him back from the taxidermist.
Youth and Skill.

Offline Bob/FLA

• Avid Poster
Buck
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 01:47:55 PM »
Beautiful, Congrats
Thanks!
Bob

Visit our website at:
www.nativeamericanarchery.com
Or contact us at:
naa@nativeamericanarchery.com

Offline Dutch/AL

• Avid Poster
Okie 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 03:03:46 PM »
WOW Shorty that's definitely a shooter buck, and a beautiful one at that. I'll bet you end up with a crick in yur neck lookin up at him once you get him on the wall. :toast:
Sportsman 700 Twin

The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on. He took a face from the ancient gallery and he walked on down the hall.

Offline huntsman

• A Real Regular
Okie 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 03:32:43 PM »
He is a very handsome trophy. The taxidermy wait is agnony, but it is always worth it.

Something needs to be said about the overblown notion that the score of a buck is the ultimate measure of buck hunting. No tape measure of any sort can account for the unique majesty and beauty in every whitetail rack. Even a "scrawny" set of antlers might be a trophy to the hunter who sweated and nearly froze to death playing hide and seek with the buck who wore them.

You have harvested an obviously mature buck who didn't get to be that way by being foolish. He is a credit to your hunting skill and you should be very proud of him. That said, he is no slouch by the measuring tape either. He would definitely be gracing my wall if I had been the one to be lucky and skilled enough to take him. 8)
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline SingleShotShorty

• Contributor
Okie 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 09:34:08 AM »
Huntsman, thank's for the kind words and like you said I have put my time in waiting in the cold looking for one like him, God's grace was truly shining on me the day I took him. I will be going up to the Taxidermist in a couple of day's and putting a tape to the rack just to sooth my soul.
Youth and Skill.

Offline Foxfire

Okie 8 pointer
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 03:17:29 PM »
Ft. Gordon, Ga.  Your 8 point 176 lbs. would be a monster.  Good shooting.

Offline woodseye

• Avid Poster
Okie 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 12:46:56 AM »
GODS grace was truly shining on you and he gave you one of his beautiful creations, nice tine length and balance. Thats a GOOD buck for anywhere and any big mature buck like that got that way by being real careful. Up my way when they get to that size they tend to get kinda nocturnal or at least hang close to the cover and bedding areas. Congrats on a beauty and enjoy him when hes mounted.

woods
PUT GOD FIRST
Shoot Straight - Shoot Often - Shoot Smokeless - Shoot Savage!

Offline SingleShotShorty

• Contributor
Okie 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 06:20:36 AM »
woodseye, If it had not been for the Rut I would most likely have never seen him. I have hunted this area for over 30 years and that Saturday morning is the first time I had ever seen him and he was following a Doe. But I have to say it sure made my morning. Thanks for the kind words, now if the Taxidermist would get him done I would be a happy camper.
Youth and Skill.