Author Topic: How is it going in the Okie Deer Camps  (Read 971 times)

Offline deernhog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
How is it going in the Okie Deer Camps
« on: November 23, 2010, 02:15:55 AM »
I just got back. The bucks are chasing the does and coming to rattling and grunt calls in our neck of the woods.   2 decent bucks and cull buck this weekend.
Deer hunting is mostly fun then you shoot one and it turns to work.

Offline deernhog

• A Real Regular
Re: How is it going in the Okie Deer Camps
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:48:19 AM »
Skipped the middle weekend had family, chores and way too much wind. Heading to camp this weekend to fill a few more tags for the family.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »
Opening week of rifle was tough hunting at my camp. Moon phase and weather were not deer hunting friendly at all.
I most likely could have done a lot better but I stay after a huge buck That I've been after since muzzle loader.
If someone doesn't take him I may go back with a bow and try again things should be a lot calmer in the woods by then.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline deernhog

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
I HUNTED THE LAST WEEKEND FOR HOGS. MY 92 YEAROLD DAD CONNECTED ON A BUTTON BUCK THE LAST FRIDAY AFTERNOON. I WAS SURROUNDED BY HOGS THAT AFTERNOON JUST BEFORE DARK WAITING ON THEM TO COME OUT OF THE BRUSH. WHEN MY DAD SHOT I JUMPED UP AND HEADED THAT WAY TO CHECK ON HIM. HOGS SCATTERED EVERY WHERE AROUND ME BUT I FIGURED I WOULD HAVE MY HANDS FULL WITH DADS DEER AND I WAS RIGHT. PORK WILL COME LATER. DOES AND SMALL BUCKS WERE EVERYHWERE WE TURNED THAT SATURDAY BUT WE ALREADY HAD ALL THE VENISON WE WILL USE. WE WILL COME BACK WITH BOWS SINCE MY SONS ARE TRYING FOR THEIR FIRSTS WITH A BOW AND I AM AFTER MY FIRST WITH MY HOMECARVED 43# LONGBOW.