Author Topic: OBAMA'S SPEECH  (Read 1519 times)

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
OBAMA'S SPEECH
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:58:36 AM »
I listened to the President last night. I thought he did an excellent job. One of his better speeches.

Offline Stillkickin

• Avid Poster
Re: OBAMA'S SPEECH
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:29:56 AM »
Depends on your perspective.  His popularity polls show a big increase since yesterday.  He did a good job, as one of his cohorts said, of never failing to take advantage of a catastrophe.  He "qouted scripture" at least two or three times, in defference to his advisers' appeal to sound more Christian.  The media had obvious advance access to the script, complicit to his purpose, in being able to post appropriate pictures of each of the victims he honored, sometimes posting the picture on the screen just before he began addressing that person.  Any Republican who used such an occasion to so obviously give a campaign speech would be excoriated by the press.  I don't remember, did he give such a "memorial" service for the murdered Fort Hood soldiers? 

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
It was all too transparent that the event was more about image making for Obama than about grieving for the dead and wounded--at least most of the time.  Obama just couldn't restain himself from morphing into campaign mode a time, or two.

Hey, is Obama rapidly graying, or is it just me.  I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to; it just struck me that the office might be wearing--even on the messiah.
Swingem

Offline southernutah

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:01:55 AM »
whole thing seemed to turn into a  pep ralley-campaign speech for all the Obama group. Turned it off about half way thru OB.

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:37:05 AM »
It was all too transparent that the event was more about image making for Obama than about grieving for the dead and wounded--at least most of the time.  Obama just couldn't restain himself from morphing into campaign mode a time, or two.

Hey, is Obama rapidly graying, or is it just me.  I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to; it just struck me that the office might be wearing--even on the messiah.
+1 - it definitely took on the atmosphere of his campaign instead of the memorializing of the fallen.   
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline elhoward622

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:17:37 AM »
I found it disgusting that the crowd was still cheering and shouting "we love you" to Obama even after he began the memorial.  It sounded like a college pep rally. 

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 12:00:24 PM »
I listened to the President last night. I thought he did an excellent job. One of his better speeches.
I had to turn him off when he started in about the Judge.  you could hear the glee he had in being able to replace a Conservitive judge that thinks the constitution means something and gets to replace him with one that sees what the constution can be and mean.
The applause and cheers were not appropriate for a memorial service. 
The Speach and the venue were pure hack politics.  Why was he allowed to read scripture and be praised for it but when GW Bush made reference to the Bible or his faith he was condemned for forcing his faith on the American people.
His Speach reminded me of Bill Clinton and his wagging a finger in front of the camera saying he would bring the poeple to justice that Attacked the embasies in Africa, bombed the USS Cole, and Car bombed the World Trade Center all Photo op to promote a political cause.
It was discusting to hear cheers when the Governer mentioned the loss of the 8 year old girl.  Like these lierals are happy the kid died to further their cause.
The Speach did not make the President look more Presidential, he looked like he was on a campaign and there was a moron behind him with a "Cheer loud!" sign for the sicafantic audiance.

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »
Like I said before, just another photo op for the obamination. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 06:19:01 AM »
It would be very interesting and informative to hear how the people the speech was intended for, felt.No speculations; just real facts as to how it made them feel.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 06:34:30 AM »
For many here if Obama said the sky was blue they would say he is lying or trying to destroy the USA or both.
GuzziJohn

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 06:46:10 AM »
I think if you divorce the speach from the campaign rally.
Remove the cheers and whoops that were not appropriate for a memorial service, it was probably a good speach.
It was not a memorial speach, it was a political speach and as a political speach, while I disagree with his pinko commie leftist, feeling and emotions over facts.  i am sure the loved ones of the people killed and hurt would not want this aweful event turned into a political event.  Would you?  Would you have wanted to hear that speach if your wife, brother, grandfather, daughter or friend was killed by a crazy person?
And yes Guzzijohn if I were to shake his hand I would count my fingers after.

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 07:30:10 AM »
His policies are generally wrong and destructive. Try to keep that in mind before giving him any credit for anything. I understand that Hitler was kind to animals too.

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 07:46:56 AM »
No  matter the circumstances I would NEVER want to see the obamination at a funeral for any of my loved ones let alone open his mouth and make a political speech and disrespect them. Like I said, it was another photo op to raise his ratings.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 08:06:50 AM »
I would not want him at the funeral for any of my loved ones either. Some presidents might be OK, but most of them would just be exploiting the dead and the grieving, and making a bad situation worse by interfering with a sacred passage.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
I heard his speech. It was just that ~ a speech, and a good one.  Read and memorized.  Penned by his professional writters.  He referred to Scripture just enough to flatter the ears of the beholder.  You may say I'm too critical, but I have to consider the source and weigh the leanings of his personal convictions. JMTC  ::)
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline 336SC

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 08:32:53 AM »
Wife had to tie my arms behind my back on the recliner so I could not reach the remote.  Listened to the whole speech to see what he would have to say about more gun control.  Only mentioned it once and he called it "Gun safety laws".  Gun safety to me
is the proper handling of a firearm so nobody gets hurt.  His speech was good and he is quite an orator.  I see now how he snow balled the country and got elected, even though our votes don't count, only the electoral college which is influenced by the press by and large.  Just my two cents worth.
336SC
USN, 10 Jul 1969 - 6 Dec 1973.  NRA Life Member.  Master Mason, Porter Lodge #284, 10th Masonic District.