Author Topic: The Sharps drew blood  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Lead pot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
The Sharps drew blood
« on: November 06, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
It was time to fill the freezer again.

Five of us went to the Bison Ranch at Coteau Ridge North Dakota and settled in in the bunk house for the night.
The next morning we had a big breakfast that Oren the owner of the Ranch cooked.
Oren is one fine fellow very pleasant guy to talk to and he runs a first class Bison hunt on the North Dakota 4000 acer rolling plains that are as they were forever with a very large free roaming Bison heard.
For this hunt I used a Shiloh Sharps caliber .44-90 BN loaded with 92 grains of 2FG KIK black powder topped off with a 1/25 500 grain round nosed paper patched bullet.
We got with in 100 yards and strong winds that were blowing was a good distance to make a good shot placement right in the boiler room taking out the lungs with a clean pass through that made the young meat bull arch his back that told me it was a good hit. He went 50 yards and piled up never moving with a good one shot kill.
Good company with good friends. It just dont get any better than this.

Kurt

Dont go were the path leads,go were there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Ron 1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: The Sharps drew blood
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
sweet gun and nice bison  thanks for sharen 8)
      rw
A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun. - Don Henley

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:03:51 AM »
Ain't them bisons, nearly, kinda like, one of them buffalos? ;D Good shot my friend. ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lead pot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 04:34:41 AM »
Thank you Ron.

That .44 round barreled rifle is a fine shooter and it is starting to replace my .50 sharps I mostly use over the 6 other sharps rifles I have.

Dee.

There is a difference between the Bison and the Buffalo ;) and thank you it was a good hunt.

Kurt
Dont go were the path leads,go were there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Emptypockets

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:41:57 AM »
  I know old Bison Bill really liked to hunt 'em.   Good shootin. Sounds like a lot of fun.